cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 08:19 PM   #1
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay
Default Why is it that men don't understand what I mean when I say

"That guy has a creep vibe?"

A guy I know took me as his date last night for a social in Hollywood, for Alumni from his law school. I don't think we were there even 15 minutes when some guy who graduate in '83 (it was on his name tag, and keep in mind I was FIVE in '83) started staring at me. I mean STARING. To the point that it was impossible to not notice, my date even noticed. He had that way of looking at me that I usually refer to as "perv eyes." Every girl I know knows exactly what I'm talking about when I say that.

Anyway, at one point my date wandered off to go talk to someone, and before I could figure out where he went I got cornered by this guy. He's a lawyer in Santa Monica. That's kind of all I remember from the conversation. I got out of there as quickly as social graces will allow. When I mention this to my date a few minutes later he looks at me like I'm making it up, and said that maybe he was just trying to be friendly. No question he was trying to be friendly. I even pointed the guy out to him, and he was STILL staring, and my date STILL couldn't figure out why I was creeped out. How is that even possible? I felt that it was obvious.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Was it.... ...kinda like this...or that... ...?

Seriously...I don't know how your date didn't understand. It's pretty noticeable to everyone.

Last edited by The Borg; 09-11-2007 at 08:28 PM.
The Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll let RC Viking weigh in first.

MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Borg View Post
Was it.... ...kinda like that?

Seriously...I don't know how your date didn't understand. It's pretty noticeable to everyone.
Well truthfully I think my date was also kind of a weirdo. He seemed oddly self-concious about not drinking. Like he told someone the wasn't going to get a drink because he'd forgotten to bring money to tip the bartender. He told the waitress at the restaurant that we'd just come from a "drinking event" and had plenty to drink already, so we'd pass on the wine list. Then lamented that we were passing on the wine list because apparently that place has a "really great list." So he had his own separate set of issues.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #5
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'll let RC Viking weigh in first.

Thanks but I think it's obvious that I have a hard time seeing it.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #6
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

You go to a reunion for lawyers and are surprised when you encounter sleaze? That's like going to the landfill and being surprised that it smells.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:06 AM   #7
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

All men have the "creep vibe". Some are just less adept at hiding it than others, such as your Santa Monica Lawyer Creep, or the I Will Stare at your Chest the Entire Conversation Creep.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:15 AM   #8
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarrahWaters View Post
All men have the "creep vibe". Some are just less adept at hiding it than others, such as your Santa Monica Lawyer Creep, or the I Will Stare at your Chest the Entire Conversation Creep.
I love being that Creep.

Just kidding. Any guy who can't recognize the "creep vibe" is probably clueless about a lot of other things too.

The other day some creepy old guy on a bench struck up a conversation with my wife and me as we walked past. He probably meant no harm, but he weirded us out nonetheless. When he asked which condo we lived in, I lied.

You should have ditched the party and gone to Tommy Burger .
Old 09-12-2007, 07:39 PM   #9
Donuthole

Donuthole is on a distinguished road

The guys that don't recognize the creep vibe are generally the guys that give the creep vibe unknowingly.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:01 PM   #10
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
I love being that Creep.

Just kidding. Any guy who can't recognize the "creep vibe" is probably clueless about a lot of other things too.

The other day some creepy old guy on a bench struck up a conversation with my wife and me as we walked past. He probably meant no harm, but he weirded us out nonetheless. When he asked which condo we lived in, I lied.

You should have ditched the party and gone to Tommy Burger .
How do you know about Tommy Burger? There are only two married people that know about that, and neither of them live in Pennsylvania. Unless you read my blog I guess, but I don't know how you would have found that.