cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2008, 03:25 PM   #34
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
On second reading, this thread was one big troll. I'm disappointed I fell for it.
I hope you're not talking about me, since I was asking sincerely. I never really gave my opinion. Maybe it's a little late now, but here goes anyway.

I think Bush deserves a lot (not all) of credit for keeping the country safe since 9/11. I believe terrorists were emboldened by their success that day and have tried harder to repeat it since.

I am not interested in assigning blame to either Bush or Clinton for 9/11, though there was delinquency on both their parts. I think the national mindset, including our leaders, was different pre-9/11 and what's most important is how we react to the still existent threat moving forward. The idea that giving credit to Bush means we must also blame Bush is childish and silly.

If Obama goes through a 4-year presidency (or 8) with a similar record, I will give him credit too.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote