cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 05:21 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Too Blue or BlueGoose, can't remember which one

espoused or at least put forth an attitude which I hear often with women not working outside the home, but never before have heard from a man.

In a post, he excused a former Mormon wife's participation because she "had been ignored by work or the pursuit of money."

Without intending a personal attack, which I do not intend, I find it strange that a man would make that argument. It is rare in my experience for a man to want to work long hours. We may be forced to work them, due to the profession chosen or due to the needs of a client whom we must serve, but for anybody to really imagine, that their affections grow cold because their spouse worked long hours is amazingly naive. Elder Faust had a talk in the May, 2004 Ensign where specifically renounced the "falling out of love" argument which this argument appears to justify.

Let's contrast this with the way of life one hundred years ago. Back then, people often worked from morning until sundown just to put food on the table. Women weren't heard to fall out of love, because of hard work, but instead appreciated the hard work and did not use it against him, in terms of affections.

Do other guys agree that women, in violation of President Faust's admonitions of May 2004, are justified in cooling their affections for their husbands?

Just for TooBlue or Blue Goose to be aware, the woman I identified in my example, has basically gone inactive, has had many non-LDS type flings whereas the husband is hard-working and is still a faithful member.
Old 10-05-2005, 06:39 PM   #2
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Too Blue or BlueGoose, can't remember which one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
In a post, he excused a former Mormon wife's participation because she "had been ignored by work or the pursuit of money."
I did not excuse it!

I know MANY men who in fact prefer working long hours in place of returning home to fullfil the duties of a husband and father. I would suggest you are naive to believe otherwise.

As stated before, no woman (or person) is justified in unrightous behaviour! I did not state that they were, my intent was to illustrate that there is more to the story, history if you will, that contributed to the unrightous actions!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote