cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2005, 02:27 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default cougarboard and religion and what to do here

I kind of little bit of a slap on the wrist today on cougarboard, I wasn't suspended and my warning was actually rescinded....anyway it is worthless drama.

The interesting point is that I had been thought by some (or one) to have violated the "agenda" portion of the rule.

And reference was made to Adam's posts about conference. In other words a moderator or moderators are coming here and using this information to color the way they treat us.

I mentioned to them that just because I don't agree with something on 'Guard doesn't mean I delete it. Unlike on CB.

If you guys want, we can open up a new category that is for users only (IOTW you have to have a username to get into the category). That is if you think it is worthwhile. I had mentioned doing this for critiques of writing. But there could be other benefits also.

Well, I have got to get to bed (actually need to watch LOST first). Despite being evil and apostate and all that, I'm going to volunteer at the Dallas Reunion center tomorrow warning in behalf of my ward, and just got called by a ward member to have me pick him up on the other side of town for a ride. I hate getting up hearly. So think about it and let me know if you have any opinions.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:34 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I would like a user name only with a workshop session

that would be useful.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:18 AM   #3
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm really curious as to what the context was in which they mentioned Adam's posts re: conference. I'll gladly say that I disagreed with everything Adam had to say. But, I have no problem with him posting it and I thought that the rebuttals to a few of his criticisms were good reads.

What I really like about "the Guard" is that I can ask a question about any subject pertaining to my religion. I can get well thought out responses from intelligent people who share my faith. I'd like to believe that they are people who believe that I am not an apostate with an agenda, but a faithful member who (gasp) has questions that he doesn't always know the answers to.

To me, it sounds like a good idea to make a usernames only room. But I really don't care either way. If my posts here were to be used against me there, I'd have no problem never going back.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #4
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default interesting

It's an interesting quandary ... This place is like Vegas :wink: or rather concerning the issue of bias on Cougar Board it should be.

You have obviously struck a vein ... what would happen if I included a link to a post on this site in a post I might make on Cougar Board? My post would be censored -I have already experienced it! The hypocrisy is fascinating. I could readily link to a post on utefans, Cougarfans etc. … I say let the vein bleed!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote