cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2005, 08:05 PM   #1
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help settle an argument between me and Fus

In Genesis 3:15, The Lord said "And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel." Fusnik believes that he is only speaking about Jesus because in saying "her seed", it is talking about Mary because she is the only person to have HER seed rather than her the childs father's seed. I read it as a response to Satan's threat to posess the bodies of all those on earth, not just Jesus. What does everyone else think?

Also, this was in response to a discussion on whether or not Demonic Posessions actually are possible based on that scripture.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 08:42 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Don't believe it's limited to Christ, look

at the topical guide, copied for your reference.

15a Moses 4: 21.

21 And I will put aenmity• between thee and the woman, between thy seed and her seed; and he shall bbruise• thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

b HEB he.

c HEB crush, or grind.

Rom. 16: 20.

20 And the God of apeace• shall bbruise• cSatan under your feet shortly.
The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.

My reason is obedience to God's will, repentance and baptism bruises Satan.

The emnity is the Atonement of Christ and all who partake of it.

Heb. 2: 14.

14 aForasmuch• then as the children are partakers of bflesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might cdestroy• him that had the power of ddeath•, that is, the edevil;

D&C 19: 3 (2-3).

3 Retaining all apower, even to the bdestroying• of Satan and his works at the cend of the world, and the last great day of judgment, which I shall pass upon the inhabitants thereof, djudging every man according to his eworks and the deeds which he hath done.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:36 PM   #3
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ....

thanks for coming here ewt....

brigham young has said eve has not her own seed since she was taken out of the side/bowel of adam...

this being consistent, my contention is that the scripture is talking specifically about christ.

not saying that enmity wasnt placed between all people who came to earth, but that scripture specifically is speaking of jesus.

the only woman with her own seed, is the woman who produced our savior since she the seed was placed in her, and she concieved.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2005, 11:21 PM   #4
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
thanks for coming here ewt....

brigham young has said eve has not her own seed since she was taken out of the side/bowel of adam...

this being consistent, my contention is that the scripture is talking specifically about christ.

not saying that enmity wasnt placed between all people who came to earth, but that scripture specifically is speaking of jesus.

the only woman with her own seed, is the woman who produced our savior since she the seed was placed in her, and she concieved.
I understand your argument and how it could be interpreted as you are, but that scripture represents what was told to Satan when he threatened to take control of the bodies of those who come to earth.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:36 AM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Is this one of those story problems on the eternal LSAT where nobody gets admitted to the Celestial Kingdom unless they score a 175 or higher?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 01:51 AM   #6
OhioBlue

OhioBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
Is this one of those story problems on the eternal LSAT where nobody gets admitted to the Celestial Kingdom unless they score a 175 or higher?
I love it. :lol:
OhioBlue is offline   Reply With Quote