cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 04:17 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I have a request....

do not give things away in the titles of your threads. Some of us wait til the evening to see what happens. The titles can be viewed on the main forum page. Talk all you want inside the threads however.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:59 PM   #2
fuegote

fuegote

In message boards like this one Mike, in the thread the person adds an [R] to represent that there is spoiler information included in the post.

Example:

France v Portugal [R]

(that was for you sizz)
Old 07-13-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
do not give things away in the titles of your threads. Some of us wait til the evening to see what happens. The titles can be viewed on the main forum page. Talk all you want inside the threads however.
You wait until the evening? Are you crazy? You then miss the mellifluous eloquence of Phil ("He's opened his suitcase full of pain today, Paul") Liggett's play by play call along side the penetrating analytical insights of Paul ("He's digging in for all he can find today, Phil") Sherwen.

Seriously, these guys are very good and they are replaced on the OLN broadcast at night by AL the 'Trout' Trautwig and Bob 'Bobke' Roll. I love Bobke, but the Trout leaves me cold. I actually suggest you watch both. For amusement, you can mute the sound when Bobke is talking and just watch his hands while trying to guess what he is syaing (Hint: There is absolutely no correlation whatsoever between his hand movements and anything he says, which is why it is amusing). Doing this is my son's favoriute part fo the tour broadcast expereince.

Btw, if I put a spoiler in any of my subject headings I apologize, I just assumed EVERYBODY got up and watched the race live. I iwll avoid doing so again.