cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2007, 03:25 AM   #1
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jazz

that might have been the ugliest game I have ever seen, but hey, the good guys won. Houston was pathetic in the 2nd half
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:13 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Ugly or not, I'm just happy the Jazz got the win.

I also believe Paul Milsap needs a raise.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.

Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 04-27-2007 at 05:16 AM.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 04:16 AM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I just got back from ESA for Game 3.

It's fun to have playoff basketball back in the city. The atmosphere is electric and just a lot of fun. The place was buzzing before, during and after. Even on the way out of the arena there were a large contingent of Jazz fans chanting "Houston sucks".

The more I watch the series, the more I'm beginning to despise Yao. Forget the dude always looking like he's been kicked in the nuts, the weenie whines on every single call, while not realizing he's the beneficiary of some of the biggest bullyewt calls I've seen. He's a pussy.

That 2nd half was absolutely brutal, but I'll take it.

I hate too keep harping on this,,,but wow....the officiating prevented Houston from losing by 25-30 points....it's just amazing the proportionate of crappy calls going on.

The "experts/critics" were saying the reason why Houston has shot so many more free throws than the Jazz is because they're being more aggressive in the paint.

One word to that: Bullyewt.

Tonight the points in the paint were 40-10 for the Jazz and yet the Rockets STILL shooting quite a few more FT's than the Jazz. So much for home cooking. The officiating has been so atrocious and one sided at times, that you'd think Kobe was wearing a Houston uniform.

I know many Jazz fans don't like Matt Harping, but tonight he was a mans man. If Memo starts hitting his shots....watch out.

Then again if Houston starts hitting their 3 pointers....watch out.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 04-27-2007 at 04:49 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:17 AM   #4
livecoug

Yao whines every play and tmac scrunches his face in an annoyingly arrogant manner. (how sad is that, but it really bugs me to see that face.)

Paul Milsap is a sexy man.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:18 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I just got back from ESA for Game 3.

It's fun to have playoff basketball back in the city. The atmosphere is electric and just a lot of fun. The place was buzzing before, during and after. Even on the way out of the arena there were a large contingent of Jazz fans chanting "Houston sucks".

The more I watch the series, the more I'm beginning to despise Yao. Forget the dude always looking like he's been kicked in the nuts, the weenie whines on every single call, while not realizing he's the beneficiary of some of the biggest bullyewt calls I've seen. He's a pussy.

That 2nd half was absolutely brutal, but I'll take it.

I hate too keep harping on this,,,but wow....the officiating prevented Houston from losing by 25-30 points....it's just amazing the proportionate of crappy calls going on.

The "experts/critics" were saying the reason why Houston has shot so many more free throws than the Jazz is because they're being more aggressive in the paint.

One word to that: Bullyewt.

Tonight the points in the paint were 40-10 for the Jazz and yet the Rockets STILL shooting quite a few more FT's than the Jazz. So much for home cooking. The officiating has been so atrocious and one sided at times, that you'd think Kobe was wearing a Houston uniform.

I know many Jazz fans don't like Matt Harping, but tonight he was a mans man. If Memo starts hitting his shots....watch out.

Then again if Houston starts hitting their 3 pointers....watch out.
Any person who hates Harpring is no Jazz fan. He is the epitome of a Jerry Sloan player.

Playoff basketball is so much more fun than the regular season.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 05:34 AM   #6
livecoug

blows my mind that only 4 players scored for the rockets. That has to be some sort of record.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug View Post
blows my mind that only 4 players scored for the rockets. That has to be some sort of record.
On the way into work this morning I heard on the radio that the Jazz bench outscored Houston's bench 33-0.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:27 PM   #8
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I know many Jazz fans don't like Matt Harping, but tonight he was a mans man.
I do not understand the hatred for Matt. He's gritty, he plays hard, and you know other players don't like guarding/being guarded by him. He's physical. He's tough. He gets good shots (even though he doesn't hit them all).

I like Harp.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:30 PM   #9
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
I do not understand the hatred for Matt. He's gritty, he plays hard, and you know other players don't like guarding/being guarded by him. He's physical. He's tough. He gets good shots (even though he doesn't hit them all).

I like Harp.
I wonder if it is some kind of backlash on Sloan (subconsiously). Harp seems like a "Sloan Guy" and as we've seen through some discussions about the Jazz recently, fans may be looking for a change soon if they feel this team has maxed out its potential under Sloan...and that all the "Sloan guys" should go when he goes.
Old 04-27-2007, 02:39 PM   #10
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
I wonder if it is some kind of backlash on Sloan (subconsiously). Harp seems like a "Sloan Guy" and as we've seen through some discussions about the Jazz recently, fans may be looking for a change soon if they feel this team has maxed out its potential under Sloan...and that all the "Sloan guys" should go when he goes.
It's not a recent fad that is hating on Harp. I don't get it. Yes, he occasionally misses a layup, but all in all, Harp is a solid player who is about as consistent as it gets hitting shots off of those curls creens.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote