cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Brandon Davies

http://www.cougarboard.com/nologin/m...tml?id=4062337

Smoky, you seem to have a good BB knowledge, but I think you're wrong on Davies.

I admit the only time I saw Davies was for part of the state championship game that was on TV.

I definitely like him. He's well coached. He seems to have good athleticism for his size. He still looked raw like he still had a lot of upside. They also say he's still growing.

Provo plays a slow tempo game and defenses pack it in tight on him. The 12 pts per game doesn't worry me at all.

I've been following the recruiting blog on the Trib and it seems he's played very well in the summer leagues and his stock is rising fast with several good teams after him.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #2
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
http://www.cougarboard.com/nologin/m...tml?id=4062337

Smoky, you seem to have a good BB knowledge, but I think you're wrong on Davies.

I admit the only time I saw Davies was for part of the state championship game that was on TV.

I definitely like him. He's well coached. He seems to have good athleticism for his size. He still looked raw like he still had a lot of upside. They also say he's still growing.

Provo plays a slow tempo game and defenses pack it in tight on him. The 12 pts per game doesn't worry me at all.

I've been following the recruiting blog on the Trib and it seems he's played very well in the summer leagues and his stock is rising fast with several good teams after him.
I watched the whole state tournament last year and Davies was not impressive. In fact against Pineview and Jordan Rex who is basically a big stiff (he did end up at SNow) Davies was very frustrated and started a fight.

I will say maybe he struggled during the tournament because he obviously impressed at several tournaments this summer.