cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion

Old 05-02-2016, 08:13 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Teachers Council Meeting

When I heard about this new meeting, my heart dropped. NOT ANOTHER MEETING!!

Then I found out that the meeting will take place w/in the 3 hour block, and my heart sang with joy.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...gs.html?pg=all
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 11:09 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you read the new manual? Very generic, and, it contains this gem,

"Refer to Official Church Resources The best sources for answers to difficult gospel questions are the scriptures, the words of living prophets, and other official Church publications. For example, the Church has published Gospel Topics essays to help answer questions about Church history and controversial issues (see lds.org/topics). Become familiar with official Church resources, and encourage those who have questions to study them as well."

And it also contains an admission we don't know some things.

"Admit When You Do Not Know
It should not surprise you that there are some unanswered gospel questions; the answers to some difficult questions have yet to be revealed. While it is natural to want to answer every question, in some situations it is appropriate to simply say, “I don’t know. Let’s study that question on our own this week, and we can discuss it next time.” In such situations, point learners back to the more important gospel truths that we do know, such as the Savior’s Atonement, the plan of salvation, and priesthood power. Bear your testimony of the essential principles of the gospel. Help learners understand Elder Jeffrey R. Holland’s declaration, “In this Church, what we know will always trump what we do not know.”