cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #11
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
My feeling, there is such a small possibility of a false positive in this case that you can pretty well take this one to the Rabobank (Bah Da Boom).

What are the possible outcomes here? Will he be stripped of the Tour title for sure if Sample B comes back positive? Can you imagine how he must have felt when they came around with the pee cup afterward? Reminds me of that recent "Office" episode when they were drug testing everyone in the office when Dwight found a joint in the parking lot. Boss (I can't remember Steve Carrel's character name right now) smoked a joint the previous weekend at an Alicia Keys concert and says " I won't be tested. I didn't have to go to the bathroom at this time and who's to say that anything will come out anyway." Funny stuff.
That's the thing. They test every stage winner (and I think the 2d and 3rd finsihers of each stage), the top three GC guys and 6 randoms every day. SO he knew as he was doing well that hwe would be tested. He was not surprised by the test, he would have known it. Did you notice how at the end of each stage some burly dudes guide each stage winner inot a little area where there is a motorhome ands the winner disappears alomst immediately into it? that is not a team bus, it is the drug contrl truck. Winners are forced to pee IMMEDiately without any contact wiht anyone else. Straight from the bnike to the drug control. So he knew it was coming.