cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #11
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah
On eating, everynight Eurosport does a wrap up show and then a little behind the scenes feature. The other night they showed one of the teams preparing the mid-stage meal (I think it was T-Mobile, but I can't remember; like it matters). I thought the meal would be heavy on health bars and that kind of stuff. While that is probably part of it, I was surprised to see them preparing baguette sandwiches (jambon fromage or salami and mozerella with tomato and lettuce) and fruit. I can't imagine someone trying to wolf down a baguette sandwich at 40 kph. The pick up point looks totally hectic as well. A total eye-opener.

On Landis, SI has an interesting article about how he got into cyclism and some stuff on the parting of the ways with Lance and USPS. One might call Landis a prick as well. I admire them all for their drive.
The feed Zones are pretty amazing, with everyone trying to get the right musette from the right team. If you think eating at 40 kph is strange, imagine relieving yourself while riding. For some reason, those moments very rarely show up on hte OLn boradcast (although once in a whiile on a flat stage you'll see some guy from an overhead shot doing his business).
Old 07-13-2006, 07:58 PM   #12
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
The feed Zones are pretty amazing, with everyone trying to get the right musette from the right team. If you think eating at 40 kph is strange, imagine relieving yourself while riding. For some reason, those moments very rarely show up on hte OLn boradcast (although once in a whiile on a flat stage you'll see some guy from an overhead shot doing his business).
Please educate me. So, they don't actually get off the bike? I thought I heard a commentator the other day talking about one of the riders taking a break to relieve himself (I assumed he was peeing; or was he pooping?). I would think they would sweat out most of their fluids. Do they train their bodies to refrain from the call of nature, particularly the solid variety?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:04 PM   #13
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah
Please educate me. So, they don't actually get off the bike? I thought I heard a commentator the other day talking about one of the riders taking a break to relieve himself (I assumed he was peeing; or was he pooping?). I would think they would sweat out most of their fluids. Do they train their bodies to refrain from the call of nature, particularly the solid variety?
They can pee while riding. They ride over toward the side of the road, pull it through the leg of their shorts and let it fly. Pooping would cost major time. They try to regulate themselves so that doesn't occur during race time.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote