cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #21
venomous viper

venomous viper is on a distinguished road
Default typing

I had to take a class in summer school in HS. Only had to type 35 words a minute for an A. Got the A, but screwed up all future speed.
venomous viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:42 PM   #22
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomous viper View Post
I had to take a class in summer school in HS. Only had to type 35 words a minute for an A. Got the A, but screwed up all future speed.
Was it at this point that you decided to go into MLM/Real Estate?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:54 PM   #23
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my mission comps told me a funny story that I thought should be made into a short story…Don't steal it or at least give me credit, if you do.

Summary...
Vietnam vet finds it difficult to land a job ten years after coming home. He goes from place to place, but finally settles as a typing instructor in a small high school in Central Utah. He constantly berates his students for their inferiority in the art and science of typing. He is angry at the world.

Big jock enters the class begrudgingly one semester. He can't believe he has to take THIS elective. He soon discovers he has serious typing skills that have been laying, inert, just below the surface of his adolescence. They have been discovered. He types like the wind.

The once angry instructor softens to the jock, as he realized he now has the star-in-making pupil for which he has long sought. Under his tutelage he could become one of the greats!

Finally the day comes. The annual tri-valley typing tournament is near. The sansei knows his student will bring home the trophy for the school. But the jock, seeing how the teacher is an ass to all of the students, turns him down, right to his face – in front of the whole class. He is crushed.

That’s it. But I'm sure it can be embellished. Think Rambo meets Karate Kid meets Breakfast Club meets Nap Dyn or something like that.

Oh, and my comp was the jock, not the teacher.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 05:20 AM   #24
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
I took some typing classes in grade and high school myself. Took typing after taking a computer class too. Haven't figured out the typewrite. But JFS never learned how to type used biblical method seek and you shall find and swk used the hunt and pek method too. Computers are a bit easier.
Grape you are the king. Who else could bring two prophets into a typing thread.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:14 AM   #25
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapevine View Post
I took some typing classes in grade and high school myself. Took typing after taking a computer class too. Haven't figured out the typewrite. But JFS never learned how to type used biblical method seek and you shall find and swk used the hunt and pek method too. Computers are a bit easier.
Could this possibly be the greatest post ever?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:40 PM   #26
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I never took type class either. I type everything with my index and middle fingers only, with my thumb on the space bar, and have been tested at 53 wpm.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote