cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2006, 05:04 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BYU basketball team makes me appreciate the

football team more.

You can see a clear difference in the mental toughness of the football team game in and game out compared to the basketball team.

Sure the basketball team was playing against a very tough opponent. But we expected more in the poise department. Too many turnovers, too many trips down without a shot. I think we shot 58% from the field, and we still got beat pretty handily at the end.

Rose can't be happy. And frankly I can't comprehend why Rose didn't play Ainge more. Broadhus was *terrible*. Plaisted didn't look like NBA material at all.

I think it's going to be either NIT or NCAA (one game) for the cougars. And they won't be ranked at any point. That's still an achievement. But we are not going to see a BYU that is making noise on the national scene, I'm afraid.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote