cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports

Old 11-22-2014, 05:51 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Mavericks are fun this year

Reminds me of San Antonio last year. Except the Mavs have perfected the alley-oop. With Brandon Wright and Tyson Chandler patrolling the lane.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 03:53 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

epic win against the Bulls tonight in Chicago. Double overtime. Very fun to watch.

Kirk Heinrich made a terrible foul on Monta Ellis as he was about to heave a desperation 3. Three free throws tied the game. Then in the first overtime, Rose heaved a 3 pointer that banked in (luck). And then the Mavs pulled it off in double overtime.

My first look at Rose this season, and not impressed. He often plays selfishly and ineffectively. That makes me happy because I hate Thibs. I think he's overrated. Cracks the whip on his team such that they generally overperform, but can't raise their level when it really counts. It will be interesting to see what he does with Rose. Is Thibs really in charge, or is Rose?

Dunleavy, man that guy can stroke. When he's not on the floor, they don't have much of a perimeter threat.

Anyway, Monta was a beast tonight. Fun, flowing basketball from the Mavs.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote