cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 09:12 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Racial double-speak

I see members of the trinity of mullahs (Indy, Lingo, and Tex; I've not read 5% of their posts, I confess) and others such as FrustratedCoug say God has a history of racism because in the Old Testament he had his chosen people and he denied gentiles the blessings of the spirit, and the LDS Church has nothing to apologize for because it is the only true Church with Jesus at the helm and no one can make Him apologize. But they deny they are racist. I say they lack the courage of their convictions because they won't fess up to being racist.

If Jehova was racist before he came to this earth, and he has a history of being a racist now that he's Jesus, those who believe that should aknowledge they are racists and take a stand that there is nothing wrong with racism if it is merely a projection of God's racism. I've ackowledged the diabolical logic of those who say, the LDS Church is the only true faith on the face of the earth with Jesus at the helm, ergo there's nothing wrong with the priesthood ban, nothing to apologize for, nothing to explain. Such folks must embrace their own diabolical logic and admit their racism, and not cave to "modern sensitivities." Until they do so I will not recognize them them as having the courage of their convictions.

For easy reference, here's the dictionary definition of racism:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:14 PM   #2
Gerdy Eysser

Gerdy Eysser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I see members of the trinity of mullahs (Indy, Lingo, and Tex; I've not read 5% of their posts, I confess) and others such as FrustratedCoug say God has a history of racism because in the Old Testament he had his chosen people and he denied gentiles the blessings of the spirit, and the LDS Church has nothing to apologize for because it is the only true Church with Jesus at the helm and no one can make Him apologize. But they deny they are racist. I say they lack the courage of their convictions because they won't fess up to being racist.

If Jehova was racist before he came to this earth, and he has a history of being a racist now that he's Jesus, those who believe that should aknowledge they are racists and take a stand that there is nothing wrong with racism if it is merely a projection of God's racism. I've ackowledged the diabolical logic of those who say, the LDS Church is the only true faith on the face of the earth with Jesus at the helm, ergo there's nothing wrong with the priesthood ban, nothing to apologize for, nothing to explain. Such folks must embrace their own diabolical logic and admit their racism, and not cave to "modern sensitivities." Until they do so I will not recognize them them as having the courage of their convictions.

For easy reference, here's the dictionary definition of racism:

1. The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

2. Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
Wow, did you think that one up all by yourself?
________
California medical marijuana dispensaries

Last edited by Gerdy Eysser; 08-21-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Gerdy Eysser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:17 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Until they do so I will not recognize them them as having the courage of their convictions.
How I long for that day.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:19 PM   #4
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
How I long for that day.
I know. Your current status is a terrible load to bear.

—Paul Auster
Old 05-11-2007, 09:20 PM   #5
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I too seek the approval of those who do not have the courage of moral fiber to stay true to that which is true.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #6
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

If only they sold moral fiber at Costco. Fibercon you can get, MorFibe--you cannot.
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:45 PM   #7
SeattleUte

I just don't know, given their professed beliefs, what's wrong with just saying, "okay I'm racist". It must be the social stigma attached to being an admitted racist. They're denying what they truly believe because they're scared of social consequences, like Peter before the cock crowed. See dictionary defintion of racist.

—Paul Auster
Old 05-11-2007, 09:46 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I just don't know, given their professed beliefs, what's wrong with just saying, "okay I'm racist". It must be the social stigma attached to being an admitted racist. They're denying what they truly believe because they're scared of social consequences, like Peter before the cock crowed. See dictionary defintion of racist.
They desire the benefits of being racist, without any of the detriments of being recognized for what they are.

Last edited by Archaea; 05-11-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 09:49 PM   #9
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Bad example. They believe what they believe, they just don't think it is racist as they understand it. If we define racism to include people who refuse to wear white pants I would be racist (if you saw me in white pants you would understand) but I would take umbrage at being called a racist. They aren't afraid of their belief, as they make it very clear (unlike Peter in your example, who hid his belief) they just don't think it is rascist. Dictionaries aren't always correct, as you well know.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:53 PM   #10
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The desire the benefits of being racist, without any of the detriments of being recognized for what they are.
Come on Johnny, Tex, Indy, just say it: "I'm a racist."

See if you can write it ten times: I'm a racist. I'm a racist. I'm a racist. I'm a racist. I'm a racist. I'm a racist. I'm a racist. I'm a racist. I'm a racist. I'm a racist.

Or try this: "I'm a racist because God is a racist and so it's okay." See if you can write that ten times.

Guys, It will be good for you. Honesty is good for the soul. There's nothing better.

—Paul Auster