cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2010, 05:07 AM   #1
markjacob

markjacob is on a distinguished road
Default 10 Reasons Why God Exists

Try to answer following questions and you'll get your answer:

1. Who made us then?
2. What is making the earth go round and round
3. Who made the universe
4. Where would dead people go?
5. Who made brains?
6. Why do you exist?
7. Who would give you the gift of sleep?
8. How did nature become real?
9. Who made our bones?
10. How do we move?
Old 01-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

grape is that you?
Old 01-29-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
wuapinmon

wuapinmon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjacob View Post
Try to answer following questions and you'll get your answer:

1. Who made us then?
2. What is making the earth go round and round
3. Who made the universe
4. Where would dead people go?
5. Who made brains?
6. Why do you exist?
7. Who would give you the gift of sleep?
8. How did nature become real?
9. Who made our bones?
10. How do we move?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
grape is that you?
After grapevine and Pierre Menard:

1. In the holy scriptures that are never ever to be questioned book's according to some cb posters anyway one always questioning this. MP said God, so thats what we said in discussions.

2. That is an oft asked question. I asked it a few times growing up and recently and also heard it a few times as well the question asked.

At a ysa fireside I went to Rec Reeve's son who is a retired institute teacher at UVU, His Son in Law is a Stake President in the area. He spoke and was constantly asked that question.

His response I don't know and I don't care . That is probably the best answer we have for that question.

Of course I am pulling rank here something Joseph McConkie constantly cautions against himself.

3. Thing is earth stayed the same before Adam took the fruit. There was no aging or decaying so we don't know how long they were in the GArden of Eden were they had to till a weedless earth and play with animals. I wonder if they got bored but had nothing to compare there life too.

Thing is it was the 4thd ay when night and day were divided. EArth was not created out of nothing. There are many things in this Solar System that may create worlds. Some planets may have had people on them in the past in the Solar System too.

In Joseph Fielding McConkies answers to commonly asked questions he said a day may have meant until he got things done. Since htere was no way to divide day and night until third day. He caused the stars to appear. Some stars were already here when the earth was built he caused them to be seen.

Before fall nothing to compare to so day may have been when he got things done. On 7th day he finished his work so may have had some touching up to do then. You can't compare things now t o things before the fall as there is nothing to compare. HOw long were Adam and Eve in the garden. Another hard question because if they spent one day or a 1000 years would be the exact same. FAll caused birth, aging decay and death so we can compare.

4. Bob Lonsberry talked about a canine funeral in Midvale for a police dog. 300 people attended. People get attached to pets but they are no were near the attachment of humans.

If a dog get in trouble with neighbors can shoot it. If a kid does need to control him. INteresting story there was a childless couple had many pets. He retired from full time teaching at a Junior High School. Took a part time job at our local school and helped coach football.

5. ANswered this in no. three probably not good enough

6. I go to all of the local high school home football and basketball games. Most all of them anyway. Have not missed too many. They generally have a halftime hoopshoot. Pay $1.00 and can make 50.00 if you make the halfcourter.

I have yet to make a halfcourt shot though. Other day had dance team at halftime. I endured the girls game don't go to too many of them but watched end of jv game. That is prime concession time since I don't mind missing girls game sit down in cafeteria and have a bite to eat and bs with whoever else feels same way.

But other day had dance team of grade school kids out on floor. In girls game not long enough so time for hoopshoot. Took alll the time in boys game. So I didn't get to do hoopshoot. Tried to do it after game.

I guess they will bring in revenue as people that wouldn't otherwise come came to see the drill dance team. I still think they make more money with a hoopshoot though and dind't do it the other day. Besides halftime is boring as it is with them it was more boring and cuts into hoopshoot. I am not a fan of halftime drill dance teams.

7. Since Santa fell off my roof some time ago Iwas dumb enough to put on his suit and am now the santa claus. A bit cold up here. Burn my butt down chimneys. Should never of put on suit. Sprite, and Sugar cookies with egg nog are great snacks though.

8. Dont know nature seems real like when Adam ate because his woman did made him real.

9. My Uncle who married my Dads sister his dad just passed away at the age of 93. Was not all that active in getting around for the last few years. Few people are just before they go. Anyway last fall they put him in an assisted living center. His wife who is almost totally blind refused to go to the home. Had 4 doctors appointments mad excuses to miss them. Uncle went to her home he lives next door and she said I heard get the Hell out. Probably someone that will die in her home no matter what.

10. I recently was reading about Norht and South Pole at Wikipedia and Antartica. Has anyone been there or would anyone like to go there?

I froze at Summer camp in Stanley Idaho from not moving. I would think that anyone that wants to tour the North and South Pole at any time is missing a few brain cells. I am not that adventoruous to go out in that kind of weather.
wuapinmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #4
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
After grapevine and Pierre Menard:

1. In the holy scriptures that are never ever to be questioned book's according to some cb posters anyway one always questioning this. MP said God, so thats what we said in discussions.

2. That is an oft asked question. I asked it a few times growing up and recently and also heard it a few times as well the question asked.

At a ysa fireside I went to Rec Reeve's son who is a retired institute teacher at UVU, His Son in Law is a Stake President in the area. He spoke and was constantly asked that question.

His response I don't know and I don't care . That is probably the best answer we have for that question.

Of course I am pulling rank here something Joseph McConkie constantly cautions against himself.

3. Thing is earth stayed the same before Adam took the fruit. There was no aging or decaying so we don't know how long they were in the GArden of Eden were they had to till a weedless earth and play with animals. I wonder if they got bored but had nothing to compare there life too.

Thing is it was the 4thd ay when night and day were divided. EArth was not created out of nothing. There are many things in this Solar System that may create worlds. Some planets may have had people on them in the past in the Solar System too.

In Joseph Fielding McConkies answers to commonly asked questions he said a day may have meant until he got things done. Since htere was no way to divide day and night until third day. He caused the stars to appear. Some stars were already here when the earth was built he caused them to be seen.

Before fall nothing to compare to so day may have been when he got things done. On 7th day he finished his work so may have had some touching up to do then. You can't compare things now t o things before the fall as there is nothing to compare. HOw long were Adam and Eve in the garden. Another hard question because if they spent one day or a 1000 years would be the exact same. FAll caused birth, aging decay and death so we can compare.

4. Bob Lonsberry talked about a canine funeral in Midvale for a police dog. 300 people attended. People get attached to pets but they are no were near the attachment of humans.

If a dog get in trouble with neighbors can shoot it. If a kid does need to control him. INteresting story there was a childless couple had many pets. He retired from full time teaching at a Junior High School. Took a part time job at our local school and helped coach football.

5. ANswered this in no. three probably not good enough

6. I go to all of the local high school home football and basketball games. Most all of them anyway. Have not missed too many. They generally have a halftime hoopshoot. Pay $1.00 and can make 50.00 if you make the halfcourter.

I have yet to make a halfcourt shot though. Other day had dance team at halftime. I endured the girls game don't go to too many of them but watched end of jv game. That is prime concession time since I don't mind missing girls game sit down in cafeteria and have a bite to eat and bs with whoever else feels same way.

But other day had dance team of grade school kids out on floor. In girls game not long enough so time for hoopshoot. Took alll the time in boys game. So I didn't get to do hoopshoot. Tried to do it after game.

I guess they will bring in revenue as people that wouldn't otherwise come came to see the drill dance team. I still think they make more money with a hoopshoot though and dind't do it the other day. Besides halftime is boring as it is with them it was more boring and cuts into hoopshoot. I am not a fan of halftime drill dance teams.

7. Since Santa fell off my roof some time ago Iwas dumb enough to put on his suit and am now the santa claus. A bit cold up here. Burn my butt down chimneys. Should never of put on suit. Sprite, and Sugar cookies with egg nog are great snacks though.

8. Dont know nature seems real like when Adam ate because his woman did made him real.

9. My Uncle who married my Dads sister his dad just passed away at the age of 93. Was not all that active in getting around for the last few years. Few people are just before they go. Anyway last fall they put him in an assisted living center. His wife who is almost totally blind refused to go to the home. Had 4 doctors appointments mad excuses to miss them. Uncle went to her home he lives next door and she said I heard get the Hell out. Probably someone that will die in her home no matter what.

10. I recently was reading about Norht and South Pole at Wikipedia and Antartica. Has anyone been there or would anyone like to go there?

I froze at Summer camp in Stanley Idaho from not moving. I would think that anyone that wants to tour the North and South Pole at any time is missing a few brain cells. I am not that adventoruous to go out in that kind of weather.
Thank you for your thorough response. I'm surprised markjacob hasn't been back to weigh in.
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:35 AM   #5
wuapinmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
Thank you for your thorough response. I'm surprised markjacob hasn't been back to weigh in.
Something tells me that he had no interest in conversation.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #6
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
Something tells me that he had no interest in conversation.
What I want to know is, did you cut-and-paste that from somewhere, or did you make that all up yourself.

Nice Bob Lonsberry reference, by the way. For some reason when I hear his voice on the radio, I think of that annoying Totally Awesome Computers guy.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
wuapinmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
What I want to know is, did you cut-and-paste that from somewhere, or did you make that all up yourself.

Nice Bob Lonsberry reference, by the way. For some reason when I hear his voice on the radio, I think of that annoying Totally Awesome Computers guy.
No, it's 'after' grapevine. I used his words, with some modifications, for most of the responses. The shorter ones are mine. He's truly an interesting guy when he's not spouting, how shall I put it, somewhat bigoted thinking. His style is all his own. Also, if you go read "Pierre Menard" you'll have a greater understanding of what I did.