cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2006, 05:04 AM   #11
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Head
1- Greg Maddux
2- Chipper Jones
3- John Smoltz
4- Khalil Greene

Baseball, folks, baseball!

I haven't been "into" the NBA for several years, but Dwyane Wade is entertaining.
I agree baseball much better. As such here is the my top 5 for baseball

1. Eric Chavez
2. Nick Swisher
3. Rich Harden
4. Huston Street
5. Milton Bradley: ready for the flames but I love the gamer. When he is healthy he will do good things for the A's
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:12 AM   #12
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

1. Barry Zito
2. Bobby Crosby
3. Eric Chavez
4. Rich Harden
5. Eric Gagne

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:17 AM   #13
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
*ignites flame thrower*

I might give you Kobe. He's got a Jordan-esque talent to him. He's not a finisher like MJ was but it is fun to see what he can pull off.

but...

SHAQ!?!?!

That's like saying your favorite action hero is the blob. Watching him play is like watching HS basketball. I'll be happy when he's gone and the battles of the big men in the middle go back to being about skill and not weight.
Shaq changed the game. And it's not just because he is big. It's because he's one of the few big men that plays big. How can you go wrong with the Big Aristotle? His personality and quotables should earn him a spot on every list.

And likening Shaq to the Blob isn't analogous. He's more like the Juggernaut or Colossus.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:23 AM   #14
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
1. Barry Zito
2. Bobby Crosby
3. Eric Chavez
4. Rich Harden
5. Eric Gagne
Looks like we have a fellow A's fan here. I cannot believe I left off Bobby Crosby. Replace the Gamer with Bobby Crosby.
1. Eric Chavez
2. Nick Swisher
3. Rich Harden
4. Huston Street
5. Bobby Crosby

I would put Zito on this list, but since he is going to be gone next year I'll just leave him off now. I still am really hoping that sometime this year Zito is traded for Lastings Milledge, I want Lastings Milledge. I demand Lasting Milledge.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 01:34 PM   #15
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not a big fan of any particular team, but I have been rooting for the Heat. Here are some players that I like.

Dwayne Wade - silky smooth, takes alot of punishment, unselfish.

Shaq - hilarious, good guy, always entertaining.

Dirk Nowiztki - the guy is unstoppable. Incredible talent for his size.

Richard Jefferson - the guy is streaky, but he can be awesome, and I think he is good people.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 03:49 PM   #16
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

This is a tough one simply because I don't watch much NBA until the playoffs anymore.

Here's a rough list:

1) Dwayne Wade - He's one of the few players that is even better in the pros than in college.

2) Gilbert Arenas - The most underrated player in the league, imo. The guy can get the ball to the rim any time he wants.

3) Allen Iverson - I agree with Funk on this one. Considering the guys size, he can do some pretty amazing things, with and without the ball. He's a solid defender and he's tough as nails.

4) LeBron James - A bit cocky and show-boaty, but he is going to have an amazing career.

Honorable mention - The player I could like if he would lose the face mask - Rick Hamilton.

There is a trend here. I'm not a big man and thus appreciate guard play more than the big fellas banging down low.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:37 PM   #17
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Hmm...well being the Jazz homer I am, I love watching Andrei Kirilenko play. His offense is coming along and in another 1-2 years he's going to be a Top Ten player.

I love watching Dwayne Wade. He doesn't have the size of a LeBron or Ko-ME, and he doesn't kill you with the 3 point shot,,,he simply just goes out there and is simply graceful to watch.

Tim Duncan is the personification of what a real post player is and should be and has been one of the most under-appreciated superstars of his generation. He doesn't make an ass out of himself and simply wins.

LeBron James. It's fun to watch him growing up in front of our eyes. It's refreshing to see a guy with his kind of talent, not being a total narcissistic piece of human dung like Ko-ME is.

I like watching Elton Brand. The guy is a workhorse and is also a class athlete. Man, I wish the Jazz could've got him.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:37 AM   #18
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

1. Dirk -Too quick for a center to guard and too tall for a forward to guard. He continuall presents matchup nightmares to opposing coaches due to his height and his great outside jumper. He continualy makes those 15-18 foot fadeaways without anyone being able to do anything about it.
2. Elton Brand - A model of consistancy; he seems to get at least 20 & 10 every night.
3. Tim Duncan - Watching him go to work in the middle is like watching an artist. You end up wonder just how he does it.
4. Andre Kirilenko - A phenom who performs at a high level in all statistical categories.
5. LeBron James - I thought he was overrated(somewhat errantly as it turned out) when he got drafted. He is even better than advertised(which was hard for anyone to live up to) and is getting better. The Cavs are on the verge of going to the eastern conf finals with him. Imagine what he could do on a good team.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:44 AM   #19
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't believe no one mentioned my number one.

He is my number one because I enjoy his play the most.

Amare Stoudemire.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:03 AM   #20
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

He's a great player. Lots of fun to watch.

Suns could really use him right now. Clippers are 12:00 from bouncing Phoenix.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote