cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #11
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Um, yes.
Yeah, it's not a black and white thing. It's a combination of liking Wade's style of play and disliking Dirk's attitude and Cuban's mouth. I like Howard. I think Harris will be a great point guard. I don't like Jason Williams. I don't like Shaq's style of play. There's a lot of gray.

I apologize... you are apparently unable to understand all the complications involved.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:42 AM   #12
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
Yeah, it's not a black and white thing. It's a combination of liking Wade's style of play and disliking Dirk's attitude and Cuban's mouth. I like Howard. I think Harris will be a great point guard. I don't like Jason Williams. I don't like Shaq's style of play. There's a lot of gray.

I apologize... you are apparently unable to understand all the complications involved.
Wow! That's one heck of an apology! I feel much better now.

I wasn't able to read what you didn't type. Huh, how about that? I was just supposed to know that these 'complications' that you speak of included that you like Howard and Harris, that you don't like Williams, and that you don't like Shaq's stlye of play. I really need to learn how to read between the lines better. Somehow the main message that I got out of your post was that 'I' have issues.

What I know is what you posted; that you didn't like the Mavs because of Cuban and Dirk. To assume all of these other things would be conjecture. But I'm supposed to know what you're thinking I guess.

Also, try posting something that doesn't end in a personal insult.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:47 AM   #13
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Also, try posting something that doesn't end in a personal insult.
I do. All the time.

All I'm saying is that you seem to take a lot of umbrage from the general dislike of the Mavs on CB. There are a lot of posters who also dislike the Yankees, Lakers, and Dodgers. It's part of sports.

Nothing to get upset about.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:53 AM   #14
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
I do. All the time.

All I'm saying is that you seem to take a lot of umbrage from the general dislike of the Mavs on CB. There are a lot of posters who also dislike the Yankees, Lakers, and Dodgers. It's part of sports.

Nothing to get upset about.
I wasn't so much upset about what people say about the mavs(believe me I hear A LOT about Cuban) I was more upset that you felt the need to end your posts to me with insults. And why shouldn't I get pissed off about that?

People cheer who they cheer for. That's fine. I was just making an observation about the trends on cb, something that no one has seen fit to disagree with me on(other than generaly banter about what a 'fan' is).

Last edited by realtall; 06-23-2006 at 01:56 AM.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 01:53 AM   #15
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have a problem with Dirk's alleged sneer; I just couldn't bring myself to root for someone who gets motivated by David Hasselhoff music.

Meanwhile, I think more people were cheering for Miami not because Dallas beat Phoenix, but because they wanted to laugh at Kobe and Jerry West. And in this years playoffs, Kobe lost to the team that lost to the team that lost to Shaq.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:40 AM   #16
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

There are a few teams I hate. For example, in the NBA, I hate the Jazz, Pistons, and Kings. In the NFL, I hate the Broncos, Chiefs, and Pats. In the MLB, I hate the Braves, Yankees, Giants, and Angels. Do they still play hockey?

Now an observant fan, can probably guess who my favorite teams are based on the teams I hate. And outside my favorite teams, I have no transference. I do enjoy certain players, and I do hate other players which will cause me to pull or root for one team or another, but I really have no vested interest unless I have fantasy leaguers involved or am sitting at the parlay.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:29 PM   #17
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
There are a few teams I hate. For example, in the NBA, I hate the Jazz, Pistons, and Kings. In the NFL, I hate the Broncos, Chiefs, and Pats. In the MLB, I hate the Braves, Yankees, Giants, and Angels. Do they still play hockey?

Now an observant fan, can probably guess who my favorite teams are based on the teams I hate. And outside my favorite teams, I have no transference. I do enjoy certain players, and I do hate other players which will cause me to pull or root for one team or another, but I really have no vested interest unless I have fantasy leaguers involved or am sitting at the parlay.
Let's see... Lakers, Raiders, and Dodgers?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:52 PM   #18
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug
Let's see... Lakers, Raiders, and Dodgers?
And the Oakland A's. Baseball's two leagues are so different that really they are like two different games. So the Dodgers are my favorite National League team and the A's are my favorite American League team. I was very conflicted in '88.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote