cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Team's playing well

I haven't seen the team for a while. Missed the last home game and haven't seen any MTN games. They look great offensively again. Mostly due to JT coming around.

A few observations

1. Collinsworth always plays well on D and rebounding but had a nice game offensively yesterday.
2. Miles also had a couple nice moves and actually finished.
3. Jimmer always looks tired. He stands upright on D, it's a bad habit. I love his offensive game. I haven't noticed this before but it seems to be a strategy. If Jimmer is in and shot clock is going down, the ball goes to him to create a play not Murdock.
4. TCU shot very well even on contested shots but we need to play better D.
5. Plaisted dominated, obviously.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

P.S. Ute fans would like this. When they announced the Utah victory over UNLV, there was thundering applause.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #3
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

I commented to my dad after the Utah-UNLV announcement "This is probably the ONLY time you'll EVER hear a cheer in the MC when Utah wins."

BTW, a few things I noticed:

1. Trent is playing with a whole lot of confidence right now. He even hit a shot from the top of the key - if he can do this, he's going to be damned good. He also missed just one Free Throw.

2. Chris looks like he's finally starting to be less tentative on offense. He went up strong on his shots after he made his moves, and shot the ball rather than tossing it towards the hoop.

3. I like Jimmer. He's patient when penetrating, showing good body control. It looks like he's not moving nearly as quickly as he is.

4. When you close out & put your hand in a guy's face, and he banks a 35-foot shot off the backboard (twice), there's nothing else you can do.

5. Collinsworth played with better body control this game. Many of the games I've watched, he's seemed rushed when driving or shooting. Last night, he seemed much calmer & more in control.

6. JT didn't take a bad shot all night. I'm still not a huge fan of shooting a 3 with 25 seconds on the shot clock, but if he's open...
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote