cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 09:41 PM   #1
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Margaritas...

My wife makes really good margaritas... she said she'll make them for the home opener tailgate Sept. 1. We'll even have the margarita glasses and have the sugar ring along the top. She'll make them all virigin of course, but you can bring your own alcohol if you'd like.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:25 PM   #2
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

I would like to give tailgating a try this year. Here are some possible things I can bring to the party:

- Thai-style curries in any of the following flavors: mussamun, red, green, yellow
- Thai-style spicy grilled beef
- Thai-style grilled chicken skewers
- Vietnamese spring rolls

It's probably not your traditional tailgate food but I figure variety is the spice of life. Would any of these contributions be good enough to let me join the tailgate club? (I don't want to tailgate only by myself - that seems dorky to me along with the fact that I don't have a clue how to do it)
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
I would like to give tailgating a try this year. Here are some possible things I can bring to the party:

- Thai-style curries in any of the following flavors: mussamun, red, green, yellow

It's probably not your traditional tailgate food but I figure variety is the spice of life. Would any of these contributions be good enough to let me join the tailgate club? (I don't want to tailgate only by myself - that seems dorky to me along with the fact that I don't have a clue how to do it)
Hell, if that's what you're bringing then you should just come to my house and tailgate Lebowski-style. I won't even make you mow the lawn.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:32 PM   #4
BigFatMeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Hell, if that's what you're bringing then you should just come to my house and tailgate Lebowski-style. I won't even make you mow the lawn.
If you have the MTN and a big-screen TV then it's a deal for away games.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:38 PM   #5
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:

What's the recipe for spicy grilled beef?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:45 PM   #6
BigFatMeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
What's the recipe for spicy grilled beef?
It's discussed extensively in this thread:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7030
Old 05-31-2007, 10:49 PM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you have the MTN and a big-screen TV then it's a deal for away games.
I have both. That's a good idea.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:14 PM   #8
bYuPride

Quote:

Ha! That's awesome! All that food sounds great! We'll have to do that this year! The only qualifier to being in the "tailgate club" is that you want to do it. Of course you'll have more fun if you contribute something... even in a small way. I guess another requirement is that you have to reveal your real first name at some point.. not publicly of course if you don't feel comfortable... and this isn't an open request for everybody's names... but, I'm not calling you guys by your internet name when we all get together.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 PM   #9
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
My wife makes really good margaritas... she said she'll make them for the home opener tailgate Sept. 1. We'll even have the margarita glasses and have the sugar ring along the top. She'll make them all virigin of course, but you can bring your own alcohol if you'd like.
Man, Pride, I was with you til the "virgin" and "sugar ring" part. I'm more of a bellini girl, myself, but Flash LOVES his frozen margaritas. But it's salt on the top of the glass.

Gotta hand it to you...sounds like you're one hellluva tailgater...I'd love to see it.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:15 PM   #10
bYuPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I have both. That's a good idea.
Sweet Lebowski is holding parties for all the away games!

"I'm on my beater bike"