cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road
Default The final Harry Potter

The final book will be released July 21. I'm so excited!

My prediction is that Voldemort will kill Harry Potter but Neville Longbottom will end Voldemort. This way Harry dies, so Rowling won't feel pressured to continue the series, but the good will still win, because after all, it is a children's book. Plus, everyone loves to see an underdog triumph.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Neville? No it'll be Draco Malfoy. That way you tie in the theme of redemption and paying for the sins of the father and all that.
Actually, I have no idea.

I'm trying to figure out who all dies. I figure Hermione has to survive so she can marry either Harry or Ron.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:54 PM   #3
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post

I'm trying to figure out who all dies. I figure Hermione has to survive so she can marry either Harry or Ron.
Ron, for sure. There's a lot of sexual tension between those two.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #4
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

With Harry getting naked these days, I think there will be a lot of sexual tension no matter what.

Harry Gets Naked

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

No, Ron and Draco will get naked, and Hermione will have Harry's love child. In an effort to stem the love-hate relationship between Ron and Draco, Harry step between Voldemort and Ron-Draco's love triangle, killing all four in the process with Hermione left to lead Hogworts and to rear their love child alone.
Old 02-01-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I still haven't read a single page of the series. Maybe I'll do the whole thing this summer, in one slacker-tacular week. I hear they are quick reads.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #7
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Voldemort will kill Ron, Harry and Hermione whilst they are engaged in a 3-way, thereby serving as a cautionary tale to kids about needing to keep their naughty bits to themselves.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 04:51 PM   #8
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
I still haven't read a single page of the series. Maybe I'll do the whole thing this summer, in one slacker-tacular week. I hear they are quick reads.
I haven't read any of the books, and I have no intention of ever reading them. The bits and pieces of it that I've seen on TV just look silly. It amazes me that intelligent adults get into this stuff.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #9
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I've got a whacked out version...

I'm still not convinced that Dumbledor is actaully "deceased". Yes, I know there was the funeral, etc...but, it was too easy. He and Snape were "in on the ruse of killing off Dumbledor (else why didn't anyone try and kill off Snape as he was fleeing from the scene...he's in on the ruse with Dumbledor!). Anyway, Dumbledor was on to solving all of the 7 clues (horcruxes?) to actually killing off 'all' of Voldemort.

If Dumbledor is 'dead' then, Voldemort will actually be more bold, apt to make mistakes, come out full, in the open, etc. I believe Dumbledor is actually alive, waiting for V to come out in the open as Dumbledor was really his only nemesis that he was afraid of.

Harry goes out and receives help (from Dumbeldor) in solving the remaining horcruxes, and on the final one....I think Harry 'gets it' and dies.

But, in the final battle, I think Dumbledor to the surprise of all, arrives at the scene and kills Voldemort in the end.

Hermoine and Ron have little wizards and wizlets.

The end
The Borg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 06:00 PM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not yet read a single page of these books and have no desire, but I would like to read the one that Ned Flanders read to his boys that ended with:

"and Harry Potter and all his little friends went to hell for practicing witchcraft. The end."

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote