cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 04:11 AM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Brock University report and preseason analysis

Starting 5

Ainge--same Ainge a little more tan
Balderson--didn't get any quicker in the offseason
Cummard--a little buffer
Keena--finishes everything
Plaisted--same Plaisted. almost had a monster dunk in traffic after a foul but couldn't quite get to the rim

off the bench in general order with evaluations

Rose--hit 3 3's
Malaman--same Malaman
Broadus--same Broadus, was a little interesting that he didn't start. not sure what that means
Burgess--same Burgess, feisty and hustles on D but no confidence on O
Vuk--very nice player. Big body but his head is too small. Rebounds and scores inside. Has some bulk--body a lot like Miles maybe a little buffer.
Cameron--very interesting player. Not a twig like Cummard. Might be a step slow to play 2. He's kind of a more athletic Balderson. Had a nice looking quick release on his 3 pointer that he made. Bricked two free throws. Made a dumb, Brian Taylor type pass. I'm excited about this guy's future, but not ready right now.
Tavernieri--didn't do much. Shorter than I expected. Not a shot he doesn't like but he's not ready for D1 yet.
Murdock--adequate point but hope he doesn't ever have to play much, but with what we have he probably will have to next year
McGregor--I love the reports from CB on this guy. He's a big, white stiff that's probably a good practice player but that's about it.

This game was over as fast as it began. Coach gave the young kids a lot of PT.

Vuk is the only new guy who will contribute on this team, but that will be as a backup and maybe 15 minutes a game.

Our weakness will be on the wing. Balderson and Cummard now are experienced enough but lack of athleticism at those positions will hurt us. Might look at going Broadus-Ainge in the back court. I wouldn't mind Rose getting a lot of time at the 2.

This is going to be a very good team because the returning nucleus is good, but don't count on the new guys much.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:04 AM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I watched the game and pretty much agree. Should be an interesting season.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Broadus is nursing an injury, that's why you didn't see him start and play very much.