cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #1
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has Whittingham righted the ship for the Utes?

And I mean the football team (and not the pirate ship! Arrgh!)
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
And I mean the football team (and not the pirate ship! Arrgh!)
Yes. They're doing fine.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Ask me again in December.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Yes. They're doing fine.
Will Utenation be foolish enough to fire or force out Whitt after the next couple of years because he isn't Urban Meyer or as good as Bronco Mendenhall?

I believe the U of U football program, given its limitations, is as sound across the board as it has been in my lifetime, and probably yours. However, despite this fact the chill of Bronco's shadow is going to cloud some minds that got real accquainted to the top perch during Meyer's two year reign of terror, not to speak of the emasculating impact of having that perch taken by force by the parochial school of the south led by a man who uses religious rhetoric. I sense that not everybody has your balance and understanding that keeping the great regional hegemonic ruler, BYU obviously, just within sight is overachieving for the University of Utah football program. I think many of the younger generation really feel that it is their manifest destiny to be the top dawg. As it becomes clear that Whit is unable to get over the hump will Utenation force him out and set the Ute football program back two decades?

For the record did you know that BYU has a better record the last two years against BCS teams/teams that went to BCS bowls than the mighty giant killers from Salt Lake? Just before you go into the patented Ute myth about Kyle versus the big programs I would like to point out the facts:

Utah beat no BCS teams and lost to UCLA and Boise ( neither were what one might call close). 0-2
2007 Utah beat Louisville (did they go to a bowl game) and UCLA (great win, IMO) and lost to Oregon State 2-1

Two year total of 2-3

BYU barely lost to Arizona and BC in 2006 while kicking the crap out of Oregon. 1-2
In 2007 BYU barely lost to UCLA, decisively beat Arizona and pulled out a miracle against UCLA. 2-1

Two year total of 3-3.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:58 PM   #5
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Will Utenation be foolish enough to fire or force out Whitt after the next couple of years because he isn't Urban Meyer or as good as Bronco Mendenhall?

I believe the U of U football program, given its limitations, is as sound across the board as it has been in my lifetime, and probably yours. However, despite this fact the chill of Bronco's shadow is going to cloud some minds that got real accquainted to the top perch during Meyer's two year reign of terror, not to speak of the emasculating impact of having that perch taken by force by the parochial school of the south led by a man who uses religious rhetoric. I sense that not everybody has your balance and understanding that keeping the great regional hegemonic ruler, BYU obviously, just within sight is overachieving for the University of Utah football program. I think many of the younger generation really feel that it is their manifest destiny to be the top dawg. As it becomes clear that Whit is unable to get over the hump will Utenation force him out and set the Ute football program back two decades?

For the record did you know that BYU has a better record the last two years against BCS teams/teams that went to BCS bowls than the mighty giant killers from Salt Lake? Just before you go into the patented Ute myth about Kyle versus the big programs I would like to point out the facts:

Utah beat no BCS teams and lost to UCLA and Boise ( neither were what one might call close). 0-2
2007 Utah beat Louisville (did they go to a bowl game) and UCLA (great win, IMO) and lost to Oregon State 2-1

Two year total of 2-3

BYU barely lost to Arizona and BC in 2006 while kicking the crap out of Oregon. 1-2
In 2007 BYU barely lost to UCLA, decisively beat Arizona and pulled out a miracle against UCLA. 2-1

Two year total of 3-3.
you've become such a mindless BYU and BM cheerleader it's sickening. Whittingham is a better coach. He's had to rebuild from scratch and had more than his share of bad luck and his program is within a nose of BYU. these things even out. Only a fool woudl make these kinds of judgments after three years. Go fuck youself.

—Paul Auster
Old 05-07-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

SU that's very harsh after goatnapper complimented you.

Wow. You are sicko.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #7
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
goatnapper complimented you.
Link?

—Paul Auster
Old 05-07-2008, 06:03 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Link?
http://www.cougarguard.com/forum/sho...13&postcount=4
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #9
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Whittingham is a better coach. He's had to rebuild from scratch and had more than his share of bad luck and his program is within a nose of BYU. Go fuck youself.
LOL!

Clearly you are a great example. The enormous disparity in program capacity acts as the great equalizer. Thus despite Whitt's lack of results across the board the mighty SeattleUte dubs him the better head coach. See what I mean about faith UtahDan!

Whit has had bad luck...the worst of which is the fact that he can't carry the jock of a dorky fellow Utah Countyite who uses religious rhetoric and ripped from mighty Utenation their beloved perch from the top.

In the immortal words of Mister Crimson you can lick my balls!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #10
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
The post was a condescending POS. I saw through it.

—Paul Auster