cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road
Default Local cyclists hit by drunk driver

Last night at the wednesday night race, 3 riders from a top-notch local racing team were hit by a drunk driver. Two others went down in the crash. One of them, a good friend of mine, was admitted to the hospital overnight for observation. Other 2 were released shortly after being checked out. No serious injuries, thank goodness.

A patient of mine this morning was at the police station when the driver was booked. He had a rap sheet a mile long, including 2 other DUIs.

Good friend of Steel and mine just missed the start of the ride. He would have undoubtedly been with the pack during the crash.

I feel fortunate to not have been there, although I probably would have not been a factor, as I would have been dropped by the pack long before the accident.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 01:11 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that one DUI conviction should be enough to not allow the drunk to ever operate a vehicle again for the rest of his/her life. If caught driving after a life time ban, the drunk should go to prison for hte rest of his/her life.

Drunk drivers suck.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote