cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2007, 05:20 PM   #51
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Rocky- the situation is more complex than a yes or no answer. Not everything can accurately be reduced to yes or no.

Do you believe in polygamy? Yes or no.
The situation is complex, but the question is direct and very simple. Just like the answer is.

I can see why you view it that way with your history of deliberately distoring what most people say for your own sake of entertainment.
Old 08-04-2007, 05:22 PM   #52
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
your welcome ,its always good to learn something new !
ofcourse a "yes" and "no" answer is the EASIEST answer ,but itsnot generally the most precise one .mind you ?
Actually there is nothing more precise and pithy than a one word answer. Duh.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:39 AM   #53
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
.. since Islam is all about respecting and protecting individual freedom and privecy .
thats why we have No surveillance status in our home land security system , ergo , everyone could enjoy his/her privecy all they want ,without any camera to monitoring their house or any tape to recording their phone.
Maybe if Saddaam had used surveillance, he wouldn't have had to gas entire villages to put down troublemakers. If he had had surveillance, he could have just gone to the homes of the known troublemakers and raped and killed them and their families -- mind you, all the while respecting and protecting their individual freedoms.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:58 AM   #54
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
If you weren't ashamed of your answer, you would have responded like this:

"right now... no, I could not go to a soccer game. There is a good possibility that women will be permitted to attend soccer games in the future, but right now, the situation is not suitable for it."
ashamed ? of what ?of not going to a soccer game????? my goodness !
i recently took a tour in reading people experience attending in soccer game specially women ... and i regret to inform you that the trip was just a disaster ,totally hairy !
so does it mean that situation in iran soccer stadiums are any better ? no ofcourse not ,which is indeed shameful !
so please dont even get me started on that .
thanks of finally understanding my answer, but honestly i think my statement was more beautiful ,grammatically and literally speaking .
dear colly wolly ,a little thinking befor posting doesnot hurt any one ,trust me.

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 08-05-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #55
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
Maybe if Saddaam had used surveillance, he wouldn't have had to gas entire villages to put down troublemakers. If he had had surveillance, he could have just gone to the homes of the known troublemakers and raped and killed them and their families -- mind you, all the while respecting and protecting their individual freedoms.
Iraq had one of the most developed satellite spying system which would let it get informed of any movement taken by iranians, i am sure you know that usa and her allies and also soviet union would completely support it ...i amnot complaining ,and i am not gonna get irrationally emotional in here ..it was war and it was our responsibility to defend our country.

and as long as espionage industry goes ..iraqi would benefit of one of the most detialed ,accurate information providing by the terrorist group MKO. which stands for :Mojahedin-e khalghe organization

http://www.state.gov/s/ct/rls/rpt/fto/2801.htm

there was a documentary aired on iran tv around one month ago about how closely the MKO group and iraqi intelligence were working ..almost hand in hand.

the documentary has originally come from a hidden camera (by iraqis ) in their meetings for all those years without even poor terrorists were aware of!
they (iraqi agents) would pay them (the terrorist group) CASH after taking precise and reliable information , you could see bunch of dollars were provided on the table which was humiliatingly funny.(the MKO group were iranian after all)
any way...
i hope now you would aknowledge this fact that , it wasnot lack of precise information which led to chemical bombardment rather inhumanity and savagery which we could call it "modern barbaric "!
Old 08-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #56
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Actually there is nothing more precise and pithy than a one word answer. Duh.
IT IS , just becuase you said so
Old 08-05-2007, 12:39 PM   #57
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
ashamed ? of what ? not going to a soccer game????? my goodness !
i recently took a tour in reading people experience attending in soccer game specially women ... and i regret to inform you that the trip was just a disaster ,totally hairy !
so does it mean that situation in iran soccer stadiums are any better ? no ofcourse not ,which is indeed shameful !
so please dont even get me started on that .
thanks of finally understanding my answer, but honestly i think my statement was more beautiful ,grammatically and literally speaking .
dear colly wolly ,a little thinking befor posting doesnot hurt any one ,trust me.
No, my answer was better because it had the decency to answer the immediate question in addition to the rush to justify or explain the reason.

Your condescention to lecture me on how to post is really moving. Thank you ever so much.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 08:52 PM   #58
RockyBalboa

Quote:
IT IS , just becuase you said so
See you can be pithy.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:12 PM   #59
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I understood her answer.

No, women are not allowed to watch soccer games because the stadiums do not offer segregated viewing facilities where they can't hear men swearing and shouting.
Which has always been curious to me about Muslim culture. A lot of the rules seem to have to do with the idea that men can't control themselves, so they have to restrict what women can do.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:15 PM   #60
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Not to hijack the conversation here, but for mindful: it's stories like these these that make us Americans wonder about Iranian so-called freedom.

Quote:
Former Iranian President Mohammad Khatami's future political career is in dire straits — over a handshake.

The Guardian reports that fundamentalists are outraged over video showing Khatami, an Islamic cleric, shaking hands with a group of women in Italy. Islam forbids handshakes between men and women who are not close relatives.

Khatami has dismissed the images as fakes, and even tried to deflect the attacks by promising not to run for president in 2009. But some radical clerics are now calling for Khatami to be defrocked.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,292106,00.html (3rd item)
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote