cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tomorrow's election

I think I will be watching the returns on MSNBC. You know, so I can see the long faces, and the abject depression.

There really ought to be an option on the ballot that is "STRAIGHT TICKET REPUBLICAN FOR ALL CANDIDATES NOT NAMED 'SARAH PALIN'".

I think it was in '06 that I reviewed all the local judicial candidates and made careful considered decisions, voting for some Republican judges, and some Democrats. Maybe a libertarian or two, I can't remember. Then the returns came back--every single Republican lost in Dallas County. Every single one. It was a massacre.

Made me feel stupid for taking any time at all to study the candidates. This year is a clan year. A tribal year. A year to burn the village. A biblical year, where you kill the livestock as well, when you are done with the people.

People are fed up. I know I am. We have a bunch of sh***y GOP candidates, but you know what, I am really tired of the "reasonable democrats" who do nothing but what Obama tells them. Time to hit the bricks.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I voted this morning. No line. Turn out I am guessing will be light, and thus dominated by the "actual voters" instead of just "likely voters" and "the average Obama-supporting idiot."
Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Perry wins I suppose, right?
Old 11-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I think Perry is ahead in the polls. If it weren't for the economy and Obama, Perry could well have lost (assuming he wins).

Many of us are sick of him. Including me.

I certainly wouldn't support him as a presidential candidate. Moron.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:58 AM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I just watched a couple minutes on MSNBC. They are saying that the election results so far indicate strength for the democrats, because democrats "should be losing much more than they are given how bad the economy is."

That's an interesting take, lol.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

A kid I went to high school with ran for district judge in Houston. He is a lawyer who had been a political aide to a notable Texas liberal politician (i.e. urban). He of course ran as a democrat. No matter that he had never been a judge before (understandable), and had never litigated a case in his life (civil or criminal). He lost. Back to the drawing board I guess. Like litigate a case for the first time.

Harry "Houdini" Reid is back. Congratulations to him and all the Mormons who supported him.

In Dallas, a controversial district attorney (democrat) was re-elected. And also congresswoman Eddie Berneice Johnson was re-elected, despite having been shown to violate black congessional caucus guidelines in handing out scholarships to her family and cronies. I think Hugo Chavez could win an election in Dallas County.

The interesting thing now is to see which way boy genius Obama goes. Or rather, which way his teleprompter goes.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Harry Reid, I should point out, was endorsed by the NRA. So it's not all bad. He's been instrumental in stopping some of the Obama radical anti-gun agenda.

An LDS friend of mine I grew up with. Well, friend might be stretching it. It's not like we have seen or talked since high school. Anyway, she's in a run-off in Houston for school board.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:11 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I take that back. Reid was not endorsed by the NRA. I thought he was, based on the complaints I had been reading a ways back. So I think he did have an endorsement, but when it came to the general election, they did not. Probably as a result of the controversy.

http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/News....aspx?ID=14170
Old 11-04-2010, 05:09 AM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

My high school friend was not very gracious in his loss. He made it sound like he had lost to the forces of evil. He uses that kind of faux MLK Jr. language of justice and oppression. It kinds of rubs me the wrong way. Be a little bit gracious, if you can't in such situations, maybe you wouldn't make a very good judge, much less a good politician.

I think even some conservatives are feeling a bit more like we just shuffled the chairs on the Titanic, rather than any kind of meaningful change.