cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2006, 05:04 AM   #1
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thr road turns up

Tomorrow the road goes up. Lots of interesting story lines, including whether we will see skeletor make an impact or not. I hope we do, as I would like to see the cameras focus on him a bit in the second ITT. His perfromance last year in the last ITT was one of the most memorable things I have ever seen in bike racing (as we have discussed in this forum already).

Aux Montagnes!
Old 07-12-2006, 05:09 AM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Now it gets interesting.

Let's see what happens.

Is Sastre much of a threat?
Old 07-12-2006, 05:47 AM   #3
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
Now it gets interesting.

Let's see what happens.

Is Sastre much of a threat?
Sastre has somke potential but My impression is that he is not riding that well. What do you think?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
creekster

I am watching the stage with about 40k for the leaders to go. Msayo is off the back! He's witht he sprinters in the grupetto. What happeneed to this guy? All the big names are still together in the main peloton. No sign of Skeletor. He is not a factor at this point. He may be waiting for the Alps, but he is losing a fair few KOM points to the break today.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:31 PM   #5
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
I am watching the stage with about 40k for the leaders to go. Msayo is off the back! He's witht he sprinters in the grupetto. What happeneed to this guy? All the big names are still together in the main peloton. No sign of Skeletor. He is not a factor at this point. He may be waiting for the Alps, but he is losing a fair few KOM points to the break today.
Was it last year or two years ago that Mayo had to be talked back onto this bike the first day in the Pyranees? I understand Honchar has fallen off the back also (I'm listening online at work). I figure they all have the chance to catch up with the Peleton after the summit by the time they arrive in Pau. But tomorrow ends at the top of the hill. Should be interesting.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 02:37 PM   #6
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah
Was it last year or two years ago that Mayo had to be talked back onto this bike the first day in the Pyranees? I understand Honchar has fallen off the back also (I'm listening online at work). I figure they all have the chance to catch up with the Peleton after the summit by the time they arrive in Pau. But tomorrow ends at the top of the hill. Should be interesting.
I think two years ago. Mayop is a real head case.

Levi proves his recent form is no fluke, as he is dropping off the back of the peloton on the final stages of the climb.

Skeletor accelerates to take 8th place KOM points.

You're right, many will recover on the long descent, and none of the favorites did much today, but it was still interesting.