cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2006, 12:45 AM   #61
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

The crypt is a special group we have on this board where we all get together and think of ways to annoy people and exclude Robin. Just for fun, anytime Robin balks at the exclusion he suffers from our little "No Robins" group, Mike adds an extra requirement to make it all the more impossible for Robin to get in. This puts Robin in a vicious cycle wherein he is torn between trying to show that he doesn't care about being excluded, being on his best behavior in order to gain access, and giving in to his natural tendencies whereby he drives himself even further from being in the Crypt. At this point, he tries to show that he didn't care in the first place, and the cycle repeats itself.

We also talk about boobs and stuff.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:57 AM   #62
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American
The crypt is a special group we have on this board where we all get together and think of ways to annoy people and exclude Robin. Just for fun, anytime Robin balks at the exclusion he suffers from our little "No Robins" group, Mike adds an extra requirement to make it all the more impossible for Robin to get in. This puts Robin in a vicious cycle wherein he is torn between trying to show that he doesn't care about being excluded, being on his best behavior in order to gain access, and giving in to his natural tendencies whereby he drives himself even further from being in the Crypt. At this point, he tries to show that he didn't care in the first place, and the cycle repeats itself.

That's weird. I think I remember Robin making fun of someone for trying too hard to get into it. Cant remember who though.

Found it:

"You are too sweet Mesa Cougar. Have they let you in the crypt yet? Because watching you sniffle and grovel after you were rejected was like watching a big stupid dog get his balls cut off...

I mean sure, there might be a good reason to cut the balls off of a big stupid dog, and maybe you don't like the creature in the first place, because it is so freaking stupid, but there is a place in the soul of any REAL MAN that feels kind of sad when someone gets his balls chopped off."

Last edited by Colly Wolly; 08-04-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:58 AM   #63
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Hey AA, I'm not going to pretend that I wouldn't like to be a part of the crypt. I would. I just think that Mike doesn't want me there, and I know that if that is the case, then it would be foolish to set my heart on it. That is the long and short of it.

I enjoy the rest of what CG has to offer, and will live with that.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:04 AM   #64
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick It In Him
That's weird. I think I remember Robin making fun of someone for trying too hard to get into it. Cant remember who though.

Found it:

"You are too sweet Mesa Cougar. Have they let you in the crypt yet? Because watching you sniffle and grovel after you were rejected was like watching a big stupid dog get his balls cut off...

I mean sure, there might be a good reason to cut the balls off of a big stupid dog, and maybe you don't like the creature in the first place, because it is so freaking stupid, but there is a place in the soul of any REAL MAN that feels kind of sad when someone gets his balls chopped off."
Hmmm... anger has a frightening way of inspiring some wicked creativity.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:08 AM   #65
Colly Wolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Hmmm... anger has a frightening way of inspiring some wicked creativity.
What is interesting is that it appears things have come full circle...or is it a 180 degree swing? I dont know.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:20 AM   #66
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick It In Him
What is interesting is that it appears things have come full circle...or is it a 180 degree swing? I dont know.
I had a spiritual epiphany of sorts, where I realized that playing an asshole on the internet was hurting my efforts to be a better person outside of cyberspace. It was a bit more than that fairly self-evident bit of truth, but I'll save that for another day. I don't know what happened to Mesa. Maybe he had an epiphany too? Anyhow, life is full of consequences, isn't it?

Cheers,

R.

Last edited by Robin; 08-04-2006 at 02:32 AM.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:19 PM   #67
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
I don't know what happened to Mesa. Maybe he had an epiphany too? Anyhow, life is full of consequences, isn't it?

Cheers,

R.
Actually, he got in.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:57 AM   #68
Robin

Quote:
Actually, he got in.
I assumed as much. Actually I was talking about what brought about the change in behavior.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:37 AM   #69
Robin

The GSA Debacle:

This week Archaea deleted his first thread. The thread started off with the contents of a small card published by the ACLU for the benefit of members of GSA clubs in public high schools (Gay Straight Alliance).

Archaea then went on to pull a giant Mel Gibson in a series of rants that:

1. Nearly doubled the total number of obscenities ever posted on CG.
2. Suggested that most gay students in HS were wimps who should not be coddled in their insecurities, but should instead fight mano-a-mano, resorting to violence if necessary, to defend themselves from the bigotry of other students and teachers.
3. Argued that the views expressed in point 2 are compatible with the teachings of Jesus Christ and the restored gospel, and that to suggest otherwise was a load of b.s.
4. Compared the GSA to Bin Laden and terrorist organizations.

Some funny and spirited challenges to Archaea's POV came up. Two challenges, in particular, stick out in my memory. The first came as a series of funny and ironic posts from Non Sequiter, each underscoring the absurdity of Archaea's points by carrying one of his posts to a logical end. N.S. was witty and brief. The other main challenger was Faith, my wife, and a relative newcomer to the board. Having not learned to ignore Archaea's more extreme tendencies, she entered the arena and challenged him point by point, and in the end, in my admittedly biased opinion, handed Archaea's ass back to him on a platter.

What is known with full certainty is that Archaea then deleted the entire thread. The reasons he gave are thus:

1. Having previously behaved like a pit bull, I did it "in order to render this place more like a poodle's pad."
2. "I deleted a very pedantic posting thread." (sic.)
3. I did it because "It wasn't that great of a thread."
4. "If it's (deleting the thread) capricious and arbitrary, so be it."
5. I won't bring it back because, "Everybody missed the core question, so bring it back? (sic.)" (which is curious, since I posted the original quotes, which makes me wonder how Archaea knew MY 'core question.')

And what was lost because of Archaea's admitted capricious choice?

Faith, the faculty leader of a GSA club in one of South Central L.A.'s toughest schools, chose CG as a forum to share her thoughts and feelings about the GSA and her role in the club and the effect it has on the lives of her students.

Someone else (Homeboy?) shared his experience working with a bunch of school administrators in Utah who were working to undermine a local GSA club. He then told the administrators that he himself supported the GSA.. Very interesting story.

NS's wit.

And why was all of that lost? Because instead of following Mel Gibson's example all the way, an simply APOLOGIZING for his insanity, he decided to delete the entire thread.

Pride, then Flush.

This is a new and particularly ugly kind of censorship for CG -- Mods deleting multiple legal posts to conceal their own personal shame.
Old 08-16-2006, 02:52 AM   #70
Colly Wolly

Good grief Robin. I read the first third of that thing and just got too tired.

Was it dumb that he deleted it? Sure.

Your obsession over it is dumber.