cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Describe your nutrition:
A perfect 40/40/20 designed to perform well 0 0%
Supersize me has nothing on me 0 0%
Sludge is my middle name 1 33.33%
Never had to diet, so I eat anything 2 66.67%
Feading at the trough and I are good friends 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2006, 01:53 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 1000 calories

that's the difference between in-take and consumption to lose one pound of fat.

Hippie and others a poll.

Basically, you really need to workout six times per week at least an hour, but in my case I prefer two to three hours. Next you should eat protein within twenty to forty minutes after every workout.

Meals should be smaller, but more frequent. A perfect workout routine is six meals per day, with a 40 percent protein, 40 percent carbs and 20 percent fat. Many people have 60 percent fat ratio are FAT.

You need both weight bearing exercises for bone density and nonweight bearing. Muscle toning can occur through light high repetition weights and other like minded exercises.

Last edited by Archaea; 08-31-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 03:04 PM   #2
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Since I had never heard of the 40 40 20, guess I can't choose that.

One of the reasons that I stay active is so that I can eat what I want, when I want. Also I have been been blessed with excellent metabolism.

Also I even though I can eat whatever, whenever; I eat sensibly and I almost never eat out. But if I see a nice chocolate dessert that gives me craving, then my body must need it for some reason and there is no reason to deny my body what it needs . I think a big key to all of this is knowing when you have eaten enough. Some people don't know when to stop, they try and eat till they feel full and don't stop when they were actually full 15 minutes before.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:28 PM   #3
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
that's the difference between in-take and consumption to lose one pound of fat.

Hippie and others a poll.

Basically, you really need to workout six times per week at least an hour, but in my case I prefer two to three hours. Next you should eat protein within twenty to forty minutes after every workout.

Meals should be smaller, but more frequent. A perfect workout routine is six meals per day, with a 40 percent protein, 40 percent carbs and 20 percent fat. Many people have 60 percent fat ratio are FAT.

You need both weight bearing exercises for bone density and nonweight bearing. Muscle toning can occur through light high repetition weights and other like minded exercises.
Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but it actually takes a calorie deficit of 3,500 calories to burn a pound of fat.

All of the other training and diet recs make good sense though.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote