cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2006, 03:36 PM   #41
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
Lingo is an act. He pretends to not care what anyone thinks about him. However if that were true, he wouldn't put nearly as much time and effort into it.

Lingo is Lingo. Who isn't pathetic? Feeling the need to write what you just wrote above is sort of pathetic, don't you think? But you did it. Oh well.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 03:38 PM   #42
Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
I added a note when the post was deleted explaining why it was deleted. I can see it when I look at it.

You all can't?
Is that so? I assumed the thread was deleted, as Lingo has reported. Link?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:55 PM   #43
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Lingo is an act. He pretends to not care what anyone thinks about him. However if that were true, he wouldn't put nearly as much time and effort into it.
Time and effort into what?

Quote:
Is that so? I assumed the thread was deleted, as Lingo has reported. Link?
It's gone. Maybe he moved it into the Cool Guyz Club.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #44
Robin

I wrote out a joke suggesting that the spirit had told me that someone on the board had a problem with a certain sin, and that he 'you know who you are,' should go get help. I thought it was funny, since the very same 'prompting' came to my mission president when I was on my mission... "Someone in this room has a problem with ------------. We need to talk."

Anyhow, it seemed innocent enough. I can't begin to imagine why that one got the axe, considering half of what stays on this board.... could it be that one of the mods felt the post was personally directed at him?
Old 06-17-2006, 06:25 PM   #45
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
I wrote out a joke suggesting that the spirit had told me that someone on the board had a problem with a certain sin, and that he 'you know who you are,' should go get help. I thought it was funny, since the very same 'prompting' came to my mission president when I was on my mission... "Someone in this room has a problem with ------------. We need to talk."
My buddy and I entered the MTC at the same time. The first day there the President of the MTC gave a talk where he basically said the same thing as your mission president: "I know that some of you have issues that are not yet resolved. It would behoove (does anyone outside the mormon faith use the word "behoove"?) you fine Elders and Sisters to make certain that any outstanding transgressions are dealt with as soon as possible."

My buddy took the bait and spent the next 4 hours waiting in line to see the president. After his confession was duly noted and processed, my friend came to see me -- a new man. I was anxious to know to which transgression he had confessed, since, according to my score book, he was currently up-to-date on his confessions. It turns out he stood in line to confess french-kissing his girlfriend two days before being set apart. I was flabergasted. French kissing? I didn't even have a column in my score book for french kissing. But my buddy assured me -- in that faux grave and earnest voice that missionaries are so quick to adopt -- that he felt the mission president was speaking directly to him. I probably should have hugged him and said, "You did the right thing Elder." Instead, I just laughed at him and told him he was an idiot. It took me a little longer than most to catch the vision.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan

Last edited by non sequitur; 06-17-2006 at 06:32 PM.
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:11 PM   #46
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

French kissing?

Of course, Max the Axe Pinegar was famous for his bravado.

He was interviewing Mike or Matt Mendenhall, and the interview went as follows.

Do you have problems masturbating?

Yes sir, well I used to, but now after lots of practice I'm real good at it.

Max was not impressed.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:14 AM   #47
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
French kissing?

Of course, Max the Axe Pinegar was famous for his bravado.

He was interviewing Mike or Matt Mendenhall, and the interview went as follows.

Do you have problems masturbating?

Yes sir, well I used to, but now after lots of practice I'm real good at it.

Max was not impressed.
I feel bad for Mission Presidents, because you know they must spend half of their time listening to missionaries talk about how they just can't stop greasing the gypsy.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #48
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Robin received a seven day ban from CougarGuard after adding a vague description of a deleted post to this thread. The stated reason for the 7-day ban was, "For Annoying People."
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #49
fuegote

fuegote

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur
But my buddy assured me -- in that faux grave and earnest voice that missionaries are so quick to adopt -- that he felt the mission president was speaking directly to him. I probably should have hugged him and said, "You did the right thing Elder." Instead, I just laughed at him and told him he was an idiot. It took me a little longer than most to catch the vision.
If there was anything that drove me nuts more than anything else in the mission, it was the faux grave and earnest voice. If i speak differently the spirit will be present. Last time I checked, he's pretty much there when discussing the gospel without yelling, but that's just me.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #50
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
Robin received a seven day ban from CougarGuard after adding a vague description of a deleted post to this thread. The stated reason for the 7-day ban was, "For Annoying People."
Ninja, as many times as you have criticized others for leaving posts about suspensions.....why are you doing the same?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote