cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2009, 02:56 AM   #21
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Some one made the point a while ago that people use Joseph to support whatever particular proposition they want to. Perhaps that is correct. I think fusnik's speculation on this point is pretty useless because there are too many variables to it. Maybe my speculation suffers from the same problem. But as you know, I don't really think it does. :-) I think there is a difference between asking what he would have done and observing that his approach didn't really survive the open scenes of the restoration.
I look at it differently.

In business, you have entrepreneurs, those who start great businesses with great energy and ideas.

Then you have guys who can take it to the next level, get the IPO and Wall Street financing, and

Then you have the bureaucratic types to deal with Wall Street, no one manager type is the same.

It's a different world, probably needing a different mentality than Joseph possessed. He may not have been able to do what needs to be done. So in reality, it's an unfair question, romantic as it might be.