cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #1
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default An apology to Tex.

My battles with Tex are fairly well known to all. I think both Tex and I have somewhat oddly enjoyed the sparring. We obviously come from entirely different perspectives on most everything. That said, I find that I am actually starting to dislike Tex on a personal level which is a pretty clear indicator that our sparring has gone too far. I don't even know Tex or anything about him. He could be my next door neighbor, for all I know.

Political and intellectual sparring often leads to a battle of wits as well. Tex has scored some pretty good (and amusing) jabs at me, and I have tried to do the same to him. I haven't even intended them maliciously, so much as enjoyed the fight of "witty comeback." He is pretty good at it and I think that has caused some of my attacks to escalate inappropriately. I found myself annoyed by Tex when I stepped away from the computer today for the first time ever, and that was honestly a bit embarrassing. This is a virtual world and we are all caricatures of ourselves to a bit on here. I doubt any personality on here remotely approximates real-life personality, so why should an online poster bother me in real life? Simple answer: he shouldn't, and I shouldn't try to bother him either. I enjoy the exchanges here, which is why I keep coming back, but to the extent those become personal this forum has no further value to me.

So Tex, I apologize. I don't need to belittle you. I am not going to agree with your beliefs, whatever they may be, but I am going to be more civil in responding to you (or barring that just ignoring you). I have frequently been in the wrong, and have often been the instigator. My bad.

No response necessary, but if you do respond, the last word is yours.

Carry on.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:36 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

if today is the first time you have been annoyed, then my suspicion is that you are pretty much a troll.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:36 AM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I shouldn't inject myself but that was considerate of you. Additionally, it is peculiar how we can project onto digital caricatures real life emotions. I have wondered what sociologists will think of our human interactions as a result of the developments of internet relationships.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

I ordinarily do not respond to any thread with my name in the title, but I'll make an exception under the circumstances.

That was refreshing, Cali, and I appreciate it. I have a few thoughts, but they are more appropriate for a private message.

Here I'll just say apology accepted, and I'm happy to have the acrimony scaled back a notch.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
if today is the first time you have been annoyed, then my suspicion is that you are pretty much a troll.
First time annoyed- no. First time annoyed when I stepped away from the computer- yes. There is absolutely no need for me to allow an online persona to affect me emotionally or personally, and similarly there is no need to try to affect someone's emotions in a negative fashion on a personal level through an on-line experience. I realized it had come to that point with Tex, and that isn't a welcome realization. So it stops for my part.

Yes, I enjoy trading barbs with many people on many topics, but I never feel they are intended to hurt that person. Perhaps I have hurt people emotionally, but I haven't tried to, at least until Tex.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

you guys need this:

Old 01-21-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
you guys need this:
Took you longer than I thought. After seeing Cali's post, I had wagered it would take about 14.3 minutes for someone to make a gay remark.

Congrats, Waters, you're the big winner!

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

you two have always been an erotic dyad.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
Cali Coug

Quote:
you two have always been an erotic dyad.
Didn't mean to make you jealous, Waters. I can write something about you later, if it will help.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:52 PM   #10
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road