cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 08:30 PM   #11
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
And there's a really simple response. By your standard, nothing but an athiest would qualify. Certainly not Mitt Romney.

To get back to the point, though, I don't see how this makes Huckabee a "disaster" to anyone but nit-pickers like you. If you're making your intelligence assessments based off the "6000-year" argument, you can count yourself in the extreme minority.
I recognize that I'm in the extreme minority, but that's where I stand and I don't consider it nitpicking. Believing the earth is 6000 years old is like believing that the American continent is 3 feet wide. Except in cases where an individual is sheltered to an extreme degree, anyone who believes the earth is 6000 years old is not smart enough to be trusted to do anything more vigorous than pumping gas.

That isn't even close to the only issue I have with Huckabee, but it is a litmus test. Imagine if you discovered he was employed as a psychic medium who communicates with people's dead family members, or that he worshiped satan or something. I'm trying to think of something dumb enough that even you might be offended by it. Those beliefs aren't any dumber than creationism.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote