cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?

Old 05-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

all posters who cannot chill out before they get the lay of the land should leave. Yes, that is true.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 08:45 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would one assume the existence of a supposed secret forum is necessarily for nefarious purposes? I'm King of Skeptics, but not that radical.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:51 PM   #13
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Mars eats B.M.
That's why you can't join the secret club.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #14
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Why would one assume the existence of a supposed secret forum is necessarily for nefarious purposes? I'm King of Skeptics, but not that radical.
Are you denying the existence of the Pen and Sword? And that you are a member of it?

Because my web safety software shows that there is a thread about me containing personal information about me, but I cannot read said thread because it is only viewable by 14 select members of this board. That's not radical, that's rational. No one else here wants personal information about them posted by others.

Your board creator MikeW needs to chill because I'm being completely reasonal here and he is not yet. Maybe you should talk to him. On your private board, if needs be.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:54 PM   #15
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Pen and Sword is a private "writing" workshop for the many would-be writers on this site. There are not many posts in the forum because most of us, though we aspire to be great writers, are not very good at writing and lack the time to really take advantage of the forum.

If you want admittance because you enjoy writing just ask.

Last edited by tooblue; 05-20-2008 at 09:22 PM.
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:06 PM   #16
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
Are you denying the existence of the Pen and Sword? And that you are a member of it?

Because my web safety software shows that there is a thread about me containing personal information about me, but I cannot read said thread because it is only viewable by 14 select members of this board. That's not radical, that's rational. No one else here wants personal information about them posted by others.

Your board creator MikeW needs to chill because I'm being completely reasonal here and he is not yet. Maybe you should talk to him. On your private board, if needs be.
Unless you're acting under a duplicate account, your web safety software should be discarded. If such a secret forum existed, given the parameters of the forum, you certainly would not be the subject of such a forum. Get a grip man. Life is not all about you.

What do you think of me anyway?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #17
Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
Pen and Sword is a private "writing" workshop for the many would-be writers on this site. There are not many posts in the forum because most of us, though we aspire to be great writers, are not very good and lack the time to really take advantage of the forum. If you want admittance because you enjoy writing just ask.
So why was my info being talked about in a "private writing workshop" group's thread, was my main question. I hope you understand that I'm just a little concerned, not angry at any of the writers.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:08 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

None of the writers have an agent. That should tell you all you need to know.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #19
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
So why was my info being talked about in a "private writing workshop" group's thread, was my main question. I hope you understand that I'm just a little concerned, not angry at any of the writers.
Are you a duplicate account?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:13 PM   #20
Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Unless you're acting under a duplicate account, your web safety software should be discarded. If such a secret forum existed, given the parameters of the forum, you certainly would not be the subject of such a forum. Get a grip man. Life is not all about you. What do you think of me anyway?
Come on man, no reason to be a tool.

1-TooBlue already confirmed the "secret forum", which you are a part of.

2-MikeW (this website's creator) also confirmed the "secret forum", which you are a part of.

3-MikeW (this website's creator) also confirmed the thread that discussed me, which you've likely already read, and why the information was posted.

So why in the world are you acting so secretive? Are you hiding the WMDs in your secret forum or something? But seriously, there's no reason for you to lie or act like a fool my friend.