cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2011, 04:30 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So many what ifs

A made free throw.

A recovered rebound.

Davies not being suspended.

Doubly painful that Arizona manhandled Duke, and BYU had handled AZ quite easily.

Triply painful that Jimmer did not have a very good game. I'm sure he isn't very happy with his performance, but those are the breaks.

Tip of the hat to all the seniors. We'll miss them. It was a great ride, and a great season.

NBA draft coming up, we'll see where Jimmer goes. I hope he gets drafted to a team that actually keeps him and plays him. Like I said before, I might have to the NBA league pass on DIRECTV (please God, do not let the Jazz draft him).

I wish Emery well, who knows, maybe he is a kid who can develop, play in summer leagues, D-league, and make a roster eventually. Crazier things have happened.

Wow, what a season. Really my first one to follow closely. Ever. I didn't have the MTN in a non-sling context until this year. So it was by far the most BYU basketball games I have watched. Great timing on my part, no?

I think next year could be very promising. Particularly if Davies is allowed back. If not, then all bets are off.

Thanks goes to Rose and Rice. Great coaches. Liked how they stuck with Davies and put him up front and on the camera. Sends a good message to everyone.

I'm not as emotionally busted up as I could be. I had set the bar at the Sweet 16, and they achieved that. Rest is gravy, I said. And I'm sticking to that.

Onward and upward. We have other things to talk about now. Like why Vance Law hasn't been fired...
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 09:46 PM   #2
Zulu451
house-elf 3rd class

Zulu451 is on a distinguished road

Honestly I was very disappointed that Rose did start playing "hack and shaq" during the last 2 minutes of the ball game. Every time their big guy touched the ball someone should have fouled him and put a 30% FT shooter on the line. If they are going to suck at the line, make them pay for it.