cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2015, 04:50 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ex-mo heather Armstrong in new Yorker

http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cul...ocial_facebook

Her ending her blog is apparently worthy of note. And fit to note in the annals of feminism.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 01:41 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

and nowwwwwww......she's back. After getting divorced, depressed. Underwent experimental treatment for depression.

Isn't it now pretty well documented that having a popular youtube channel or blog where you need to pump out content all the time can be extremely stressful?

Would totally suck. Imagine if my livelihood depended on these CG posts. I'd have starved to death.

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/04/...s-queen-mommy/
Old 05-25-2023, 02:55 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

It was reported recently that she committed suicide. That certainly colors things in a different way. I was reading some of my posts about her website and her self promotion. I come across as probably too harsh. Having said that I never directed anything specifically to her in the form of posting to Twitter or on her Blog or anything like that. It's a tough world I imagine being in the public eye all the time, even when you placed yourself there and continuously try to keep your place there. Now what she did seems quite quaint with so many millions of people trying to do it. Leverage every in any moment of your life into clicks. It's tough work if you want to call it that.

Having said that her work may have had nothing to do with her depression. Depression can impact anyone from any walk of life. And we lose too many. It's sad that she is among those now.