cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 04:04 AM   #21
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Excellent game by the Heat to close it out.

Wade is special. This is his first of many.

Dallas had their shots, but couldn't convert.

Maybe next year, Dirk. Glad to see Cuban lose.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 10:53 AM   #22
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Lingo, you said Arenas sucked at FTs on CB...do you always talk out of your ass? Arenas is a better FT shooter than Wade...both this season and for their careers.

I went to bed at halftime. The east coast kills me when it comes to sports. Good for the Heat. Shaq should retire now. Zo should retire now.

I'd bet the farm that neither of these two teams return to the finals next year.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:07 PM   #23
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
Lingo, you said Arenas sucked at FTs on CB...do you always talk out of your ass? Arenas is a better FT shooter than Wade...both this season and for their careers.

I went to bed at halftime. The east coast kills me when it comes to sports. Good for the Heat. Shaq should retire now. Zo should retire now.

I'd bet the farm that neither of these two teams return to the finals next year.
You can also throw Gary Payton into that list of players who should retire now. I especially liked how he almost gave the game away by arguing with the ref when the ball was coming his way and the game on the line. Done like a true veteran.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #24
JohnnyLingo

Quote:
My bad, I was thinking Baron Davis.

But it's good to know that if you make one mistake, you're suddenly "talking out of your ass".

Thanks.
Old 06-21-2006, 03:22 PM   #25
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
You can also throw Gary Payton into that list of players who should retire now. I especially liked how he almost gave the game away by arguing with the ref when the ball was coming his way and the game on the line. Done like a true veteran.

That was embarrassing. You can't knock Payton too much, though. Without him, the Heat would have already lost the series. His shot in game 3 was HUGE.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:10 PM   #26
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug
That was embarrassing. You can't knock Payton too much, though. Without him, the Heat would have already lost the series. His shot in game 3 was HUGE.
Good point. He had 2 huge shots this series which couldn't have come at better times. Its just hard to see someone decline as much as he has over the past several years when he was consistently in the top 2 or 3 of the NBA point guards.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:27 AM   #27
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo
My bad, I was thinking Baron Davis.

But it's good to know that if you make one mistake, you're suddenly "talking out of your ass".

Thanks.
You do talk out your ass:

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=1190293

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=1189454

This is just the topic of number one picks. I'm sure I could find plenty more on other topics if I really wanted to takethe time to look.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:44 AM   #28
JohnnyLingo

Quote:
You do talk out your ass:

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=1190293

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=1189454

This is just the topic of number one picks. I'm sure I could find plenty more on other topics if I really wanted to takethe time to look.
Give me a break, old man. No one saw that coming other than the most delusional of Ute fans. Even you weren't remotely confident that both of them would go #1.

And besides, how am I supposed to account for the fact that both the Bucks and 49ers were stupid enough to pick who they did? I figured at least one would have brains in their head.

I guarantee that both organizations would take a do-over if they could.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:49 AM   #29
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I was only pointing out that you do talk out your ass.

It would seem that you're a bit bitter about two Ute athletes going number one in the two big sports the same year.

And I suppose you're again talking out your ass when you're so certain that both the 49ers and Bucks would choose others if they had that chance.

I was wrong about one thing - you're a much bigger ass than your dad. I need to apologize to him for making that erroneous comparison.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:53 AM   #30
JohnnyLingo

It appears you define "talking out of your ass" as "anytime you say something that turns out to be wrong."

And why don't you go look up my dad and tell him he's an ass, but not as big a one as his son is?

That sounds like a great idea. I'm sure he'd be glad to know that someone has harbored a Brokeback-like grudge against him for well over 20 years.