cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 01:41 AM   #1
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall
Default Congratulations to the Heat

A great comeback in the series and and a well deserved championship for Shaq(again) & Wade.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:51 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto.

I would love to know how Kobe feels today. He runs Shaq out of town and is now watching him celebrate another championship - this time without him. I wonder if he'll finally concede that it was Shaq, not Kobe who was the key to the three-peat.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 03:21 AM   #3
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Shaq ran his own ass out of town with his big mouth. Shaq never would have had those rings in LA without Kobe. Kobe didn't contribute as much as Wade did to winning the title, but by the same token, Kobe contributed much more than Shaq did to help the Heat this year.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:07 AM   #4
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
Shaq ran his own ass out of town with his big mouth. Shaq never would have had those rings in LA without Kobe. Kobe didn't contribute as much as Wade did to winning the title, but by the same token, Kobe contributed much more than Shaq did to help the Heat this year.

I have to disagree with you there. It was Kupchek who ran Shaq out of town. The Lakers set up a situation where there was no possibility of Shaq and Kobe playing together again. That much was clear 3 months before the season even ended. Kupchek fueled the flames, picked sides, and sent a clear message to Shaq that he could leave on his own or be forced to leave.

Shaq and Kobe both did dumb things, but in the end, I think Kobe started it, Kupchek fueled it, and Shaq ended it.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:57 AM   #5
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it was Jerry Buss that did the whole damn thing, when he let Jerry West out the door. What has MK done as a general manager? Let the franchise flounder. Furthermore, that is when all the bad blood began to fester, when the Logo went to Memphis.

But good for the HEat and for Shaq, GP etc. I hope they enjoy this one very much. They deserved it.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote