cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougarobgon View Post
In other posts I have mentioned that I have never known a gay individual that I would consider to have been born gay or at least that they expressed to me that they were born gay. I have interacted with gays in the work place, neighborhood kids I grew up with, church counseling. I will admit, my experience has been limited and the sample pool is minute, but, that interaction and my belief in the creation of man and the existence of God, has led conclude that gay people choose to be gay.

I will acknowledge that our bodies are complex and our genetic make up I am sure can affect how we think, what we feel, etc...the environment can also affect how people choose to live their lives. However, the bottom line is that an individual still has to make a choice to live a gay lifestyle, a lifestyle that is not consistent with God's teachings.

Prop 8 was not about deciding whether or not one was born or chose to be gay. It was about gay marriage. I was in favor of prop 8 not because of my belief that people choose to be gay, rather, it was that I did not want to legitimize behavior that I consider to be contrary to God's teachings. Marriage is the "crown jewel" for homosexuality and the debate is not over.

I am done with this topic.
I too am pro Prop. 8. Just like a heterosexual who is not married, the gay person has a choice to be sexually active or not and suffer the consequences.

There are a lot of things I can't begin to sort out in my mind. The fact that some folks are born attracted to members of their same sex is one of them. I don't even try to sort them out.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote