cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2008, 02:47 AM   #24
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
An anxious nation awaits your findings. Seriously, out of the mouths of two or three witnesses shall the menu for our Friday evening soiree be established, and Surfah's recipe sounds enticing. I await your review.
I won't go into the detail that DDD went into, but it was good. I like the Luger's idea. I may try that next time instead of A1. I did pretty much exactly what the recipe Surfah suggested with two small additions. I added crushed roasted garlic that comes in the bottle at the grocery store and a little bit Italian spices ground in.

I only grill over coals, so I used hickory coals and let each side cook for about 8 minutes open and about 4 minutes closed. About 25 total minutes. Thick patties, so it takes a little longer to get it cooked all the way through.

The one thing that surprised me is that there was very little dripping. I thought it would be a lot of flare ups on the grill, but it didn't happen. Very juicy and great flavor burger. I also had I added two slices of sharp cheddar to each patty also. Garnished with fresh from my parents garden, tomatoes, onions and lettuce.

I will be doing this again soon. Very good burger.