cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2008, 03:10 AM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

GN, I say that you put Jimmer's brain in Burgess's body, and you actually have a better player.

You would argue vehemently against this saying that it is his strength that is so important, which you seem to be saying, Burgess lacks.

I call bullcrap.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:14 AM   #22
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
GN, I say that you put Jimmer's brain in Burgess's body, and you actually have a better player.

You would argue vehemently against this saying that it is his strength that is so important, which you seem to be saying, Burgess lacks.

I call bullcrap.
I said clearly that Burgess has the physical strength to compensate for his lack of quickness. He gets to the rack on rare occasions. What I said is that he lacks the ballhandling ability. Harvey Unga has the strength but I doubt he has the handles as well.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:15 AM   #23
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
As long as we're doing cranial transplants, stick Jimmer's noggin on Trent's body. Add some melanin and you've got David Robinson.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:22 AM   #24
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
As long as we're doing cranial transplants, stick Jimmer's noggin on Trent's body. Add some melanin and you've got David Robinson.
It would be cooler to actually take away ALL melanin, thereby giving BYU the only albino center in the NCAA.

How intimidating would THAT be?

Although the jokes would get old fast...."Wow, that white boy can play!" or "White men CAN jump!"

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:33 AM   #25
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
It would be cooler to actually take away ALL melanin, thereby giving BYU the only albino center in the NCAA.

How intimidating would THAT be?

Although the jokes would get old fast...."Wow, that white boy can play!" or "White men CAN jump!"
Inspired. Let him grow his hair out, and we'd have a 6'11" Johnny Winter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B0000024Z3.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg (43.1 KB, 3 views)
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 03:39 AM   #26
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
Inspired. Let him grow his hair out, and we'd have a 6'11" Johnny Winter.
I will take your 6'11" Johnny Winter, shave off about 4 inches, add about 110 pounds, and we'd have Jonathan Winters. Not sure about his defense, but he could distract the opposing team with his humorous anecdotes.

For example, tonight we could have used a good Henry Glenworthy impression on the corner baseline to prevent those Wink Adams 3s.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote