cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2008, 12:35 PM   #21
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Does anything ever happen to refs who make obviously horrible calls that decide games?

Or do league (pro or college) officials just brush it off with comments about "game speed" and how difficult it is to referee?

What ever happened after Lonnie Dixon's cowardly move in the 2004 BYU-New Mexico game?

I ask because from everything I've heard and read, the USC/Arizona St. game had a horrendous call in the final seconds as well.
I think Dixon was reprimanded, but we know how much weight those carry.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:35 PM   #22
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I have no problems with the tournament being held in Vegas. With all the Mormons in Las Vegas, it's not much of a neutral court for BYU. If we end up playing UNLV in the finals, I'm guessing there will be just as many BYU fans there as UNLV fans.
This is not true at all. I was there last year and in the championship game it was at least 5 to 1 UNLV fans. That place was very loud and very pro-UNLV.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:50 PM   #23
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
This is not true at all. I was there last year and in the championship game it was at least 5 to 1 UNLV fans. That place was very loud and very pro-UNLV.
I was there as well and the fan disparity in favor of UNLV over BYU wasn't even close.

It was a road game through and through.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:31 PM   #24
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I was there as well and the fan disparity in favor of UNLV over BYU wasn't even close.

It was a road game through and through.
Then that pisses me off. What's the use of having all those Mormons in Vegas if they don't show up to give some love to the Cougars? Bunch of freakin' Jack Mormons!
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #25
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
Then that pisses me off. What's the use of having all those Mormons in Vegas if they don't show up to give some love to the Cougars? Bunch of freakin' Jack Mormons!
They show up to the football games. Must not be many b-ball fans in Vegas.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:11 AM   #26
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Despite the advantage received by UNLV, it's the best place to hold the conference tourney. Aside from making money it's an awesome event for the fans. A great prelude to the Big Dance.
A great prelude? LMAO! What's so great about these tournaments? They exist for ONE reason only...MONEY. They make absolutely no sense whatsoever. Does ANY other sport have such an f'd up system of holding a tourny after the regular season, which gives an auto bid to the playoffs? It's moronic. If any team should be given an auto bid, it's the regular season champs. Did the Dolphins get a chance to make the NFL playoffs after their miserable regular season? Get a clue people.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 05:16 AM   #27
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
The Conference Tourney is awesome. The regular season champ gets a likely berth in the Big Dance while the conference tourney gives every team one last chance to redeem themselves. It's in the most exciting city in America, the only place where fans from every team will plan on attending regardless of their teams' chances. It's three straight days of basketball. What's not to like?
Are you for real? Why the hell should teams that have proven they do NOT deserve a chance in the tourny through the course of MANY weeks during the regular season, get a chance to "redeem" themselves? That's the stupidest thing I've heard of.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote