cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2008, 12:34 AM   #51
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

I think most parents have spanked their kids on occasion. I'm suspicious of parents who say they have never done it. I rarely spanked my kids, but not because I thought it was a mean, horrible thing to do. I rarely spanked them because it wasn't effective. Kids are not stupid. They soon learn that you're not going to escalate the spanking past the non-injurious smack on the butt. Kids have a talent for sniffing out idle threats.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:36 AM   #52
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
When you beat your kids, do you tell them that they can defend themselves if they feel like it? Or do you just beat them until they give up?
I don't beat my kids. Apparently your parents did beat you though, causing brain damage, since you obviously can't comprehend what I have written on this subject thus far. Then again, maybe it's par for the course, you being a Ute and all.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #53
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
I don't beat my kids. Apparently your parents did beat you though, causing brain damage, since you obviously can't comprehend what I have written on this subject thus far. Then again, maybe it's par for the course, you being a Ute and all.
If it makes you feel better that you're a child abuser to believe this about me, then more power to you.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:37 AM   #54
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
No, of course they aren't ridiculous...if you live in the Land of Oz.

Are you one of these people that has taken the whole "politically correct" nonsense to the extreme? Guess what, you don't have the right to not be offended. REALITY is that people will and do say things that other people may (gasp!) find offensive.

Reality is, sometimes society, people, etc. need to give priority to the truth, rather than being "sensitive" to people's feelings.

Reality is, everyone does NOT win. Everyone does not get the job offer, everyone does not get the promotion at work, etc. In the REAL world, not Oz, there are winners and losers.
I couldn't agree more. That's why I'm such a prick and treat other people like shit. Life is bitter, and if others don't like it they can kiss my ass!!!
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:44 AM   #55
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
No, of course they aren't ridiculous...if you live in the Land of Oz.

Are you one of these people that has taken the whole "politically correct" nonsense to the extreme? Guess what, you don't have the right to not be offended. REALITY is that people will and do say things that other people may (gasp!) find offensive.

Reality is, sometimes society, people, etc. need to give priority to the truth, rather than being "sensitive" to people's feelings.

Reality is, everyone does NOT win. Everyone does not get the job offer, everyone does not get the promotion at work, etc. In the REAL world, not Oz, there are winners and losers.
I am talking about trying to not hit my kids, simply because i dont think it works as a teaching tool. It definitely can shape behavior by causing fear, but I just dont want to have my kids fear me.

I am all for truth. Just not hitting.

You still have not really explained why hitting is the tool that will reveal all truth and life's lessons.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:45 AM   #56
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I am talking about trying to not hit my kids, simply because i dont think it works as a teaching tool. It definitely can shape behavior by causing fear, but I just dont want to have my kids fear me.

I am all for truth. Just not hitting.

You still have not really explained why hitting is the tool that will reveal all truth and life's lessons.
Warriors fan says he doesn't beat his kids. Did you miss that?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:46 AM   #57
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
I must have.

Please don't hit me.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:47 AM   #58
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
If it makes you feel better that you're a child abuser to believe this about me, then more power to you.
The only people I would abuse, would be a jackass like yourself. It it makes you feel better about yourself to slander me, go ahead. You're the one abusing your kids by raising them to be Utes. That's far worse than any sort of physical punishment I could imagine.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #59
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
That's right Utetard. Maybe a pussy like you considers a swat on the bum equivalent to beating. Then again, you probably think kids shouldn't be allowed to play dodgeball at school either, because it is too violent.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:50 AM   #60
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
The only people I would abuse, would be a jackass like yourself. It it makes you feel better about yourself to slander me, go ahead. You're the one abusing your kids by raising them to be Utes. That's far worse than any sort of physical punishment I could imagine.
A brilliant retort.

Bet you learned that in Deseret Towers, didn't you?

It ain't slander when it's the truth.