cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spain = dopeurs?

So with the second spanish rider testing positive today, and with Valverde's mundane slide down the classification, could one reasonably infer that the UCI is correct that Spain and its riders arent' getting the anti-drug message (Remeber UCI tried to bar Valverde from the Worlds last year becasue of his name being connected to operacion puerta)?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:53 AM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

More cycling dopers.

Shocked.

Whoever wins the Tour this year will be clean, though, I bet. Totally legit.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:54 AM   #3
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Professional riding is dead.

Thank you Captain Happy. That is a little farther than I am willing to go, but I see how you can get there, I mean look what drug use has done to MLB, right?
Old 07-17-2008, 12:56 AM   #4
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
More cycling dopers.

Shocked.

Whoever wins the Tour this year will be clean, though, I bet. Totally legit.
Did you actually read the post? The question was about spain's position on doping. This may be a bit nuanced for your typical American sports fan, who doesnt' understand bike racing unless the headline includes something about Lance Armstrong kicking french butt in France, ha ha, but I expected more from you.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:03 AM   #5
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Did you actually read the post? The question was about spain's position on doping. This may be a bit nuanced for your typical American sports fan, who doesnt' understand bike racing unless the headline includes something about Lance Armstrong kicking french butt in France, ha ha, but I expected more from you.
i did read the post. it said there were more positive test results.

This isnt about American vs Euro sports or understanding cycling. It is about doping. Just like in baseball. And FYI, yes....until the MLB sacks up and gets a real zero tolerance policy for steroids, there is major taint going on.

Lance Armstrong was a doper, too.

yeah...yeah, I forgot....he is ON his bike every day, riding his butt off. By way of the chemist, of course.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 07-17-2008, 01:06 AM   #6
creekster

Quote:
i did read the post. it said there were more positive test results.

This isnt about American vs Euro sports or understanding cycling. It is about doping. Just like in baseball. And FYI, yes....until the MLB sacks up and gets a real zero tolerance policy for steroids, there is major taint going on.

Lance Armstrong was a doper, too.

yeah...yeah, I forgot....he is ON his bike every day, riding his butt off. By way of the chemist, of course.
I guess it was too nuanced for you. Sorry. You can go back to your finger paint by numbers approach to sports.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:17 AM   #7
TripletDaddy

Quote:
I guess it was too nuanced for you. Sorry. You can go back to your finger paint by numbers approach to sports.
No worries.

Enjoy watching the nuanced drug parade.

I am surprised they dont ride through Amsterdam and Hamburg.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:25 AM   #8
creekster

Quote:
No worries.

Enjoy watching the nuanced drug parade.

I am surprised they dont ride through Amsterdam and Hamburg.

I am sure you were surprised. That you think that is a clever joke shows how far away you are from getting it. I typically enjoy your posts but I relaize that you get all the gratification you need from admiring your own work so neither my insults or explanation would make much difference, so joke away.

The question, for those that might still care, was whether they thought spain had a paritcualr problem in light of the two cheats caught this year being spanish and valverde (also spanish) perfroming in such an underwhelming way in the mountains.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:33 AM   #9
TripletDaddy

Quote:
I am sure you were surprised. That you think that is a clever joke shows how far away you are from getting it. I typically enjoy your posts but I relaize that you get all the gratification you need from admiring your own work so neither my insults or explanation would make much difference, so joke away.

The question, for those that might still care, was whether they thought spain had a paritcualr problem in light of the two cheats caught this year being spanish and valverde (also spanish) perfroming in such an underwhelming way in the mountains.
Look, this is your third post in a row where you are taking potshots at me personally, which is usually indicative of a crappy position from which to debate.

I get your question...you are basically wondering whether Spain is not getting the message with regards to doping. I am saying that, regardless of whether Spain is getting the message, the tour has busted 2 cyclists already this race....hence my question about whether all these guys are dopers.

Your response: you don't know cycling, i usually like your posts but now now, etc...

Again, address the doping issue as it stands. Cycling has a major perception problem with drug abuse, just like baseball. How can it be credible when such abuse is rampant?

Old 07-17-2008, 03:42 AM   #10
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Again, address the doping issue as it stands. Cycling has a major perception problem with drug abuse, just like baseball. How can it be credible when such abuse is rampant?
To this point only Spanish cyclists have been busted which is curious. But different this year is that the cheaters (only 2 to this point) have basically been nobodies as far as the GC goes. That's a big difference from the past few years. Cycling has a long way to go to restore its credibility, but the TdF seems to have taken a step forward from years past. We'll see if anyone else gets busted this year.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote