cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 05:08 PM   #31
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
New slogans:

Cougar Football: Just Hoping to Stave Off Mediocrity; Anything Above that Is Gravy

Cougar Football: Aim Realistically High

Cougar Football: Just As Long As We're Better Than Utah

Cougar Football: You Won't Fault Us For Effort

Cougar Football: <Deleted - Due to Overt Religious References> --- Hooray!

Cougar Football: Cut Us Some Slack, Beck Just Graduated

Cougar Football: Seeking to Improve Our Moving Average

Cougar Football: Every Peak Has A Downslope
Like I said in the original post, "Cautiously Optimistic!" doesn't lend itself well to sloganeering.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #32
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I don't think they will, but this whole 'raising the bar' thing sets the team up for some nasty irony. I guess 'cautiously optimistic' doesn't lend itself well to sloganeering.
Exute on the other hand is hoping they do suck.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #33
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
it's clearly in reference to the missionary program.
geez, cry me a river. ALUF's are worse than BYU "mullahs"
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 05:33 PM   #34
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Agreed.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:33 PM   #35
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
I believe the highest percentage of male camel toe afflictees in a subset of any fanbase is the ALUF. BYU has more pussies as they have more fans, but I actually believe a higher percentage of the ALUF are pussies than any other subset of any fanbase.

In fact Utah's fanbase is dragged down by the mormons, IMO.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:36 PM   #36
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Your stereotypes are actually quite endearing.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #37
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I believe the highest percentage of male camel toe afflictees in a subset of any fanbase is the ALUF. BYU has more pussies as they have more fans, but I actually believe a higher percentage of the ALUF are pussies than any other subset of any fanbase.

If their board is representitive of their fan base it is my sincere feeling they are more "borg" like than BYU fans. At least BYU fans on CB or CG. When BYU fans attack the Utes if the attack is lacking, they will get called on it by other BYU fans.

Such is not the case on Utefans. It is all one happy attack dog and dissenters be aware.

I have actually seen some on there who have claim to be ALUF embrass embarassement as a church member over some BYU actions, player, school or fan and a short time later lay down some pretty disgusting language. They should worry about their own football salvation as should we worry about ours.

Why should we worry if they practice on Sunday or why should they worry if Bronco has a coaches show on Sunday
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:56 PM   #38
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Your stereotypes are actually quite endearing.
Endearing is my speciality Sister Requeim! Well next to yanking it to "Here I am the one that you love" in your alma mater's very spacious masturbatoreum....

Truism on myself, honeychild...I call em like I see em. BYU and Utah are the two dorkiest fanbases on earth. The only thing that seperates the two is the fact that BYU has more fans and a higher concentration of mormons. The ALUF's have all the issues affiliated with Utah and mormons, but has an added flavor of chip on shoulder/cognitive dissonance of rooting against their Church owned school. A certain number can distinguish between the LDS Church and BYU, but many of the more simple folks are forced to convince themselves that BYU is not representative of the Church and actually a net detriment. Very few are able to just say, I like the Utes and BYU is its rival so I don't like them. Many mormons unfortunately need the Almighty's mutual approbation of the team they support and that the others, specifically rivals, are an impediment to their glorious devotion to the Kingdom of God.

You do know that Manase Tonga's "I stop for no man" and yes my name is Rob Nicaragua, is somehow proof that BYU is hypocritical but yet hell hath no fury like the ALUF when somebody says to him that a Butte, MT Stake President arrested for enticing a 14 year old girl on the internet to have sex with him is proof that the entire LDS Church is hypocritical......

But I will redouble my efforts to become "endearing."

Choose the Right!
Old 08-06-2007, 07:58 PM   #39
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
If their board is representitive of their fan base it is my sincere feeling they are more "borg" like than BYU fans. At least BYU fans on CB or CG. When BYU fans attack the Utes if the attack is lacking, they will get called on it by other BYU fans.

Such is not the case on Utefans. It is all one happy attack dog and dissenters be aware.

I have actually seen some on there who have claim to be ALUF embrass embarassement as a church member over some BYU actions, player, school or fan and a short time later lay down some pretty disgusting language. They should worry about their own football salvation as should we worry about ours.

Why should we worry if they practice on Sunday or why should they worry if Bronco has a coaches show on Sunday
I mostly worry about your never using a question mark after asking questions.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:16 PM   #40
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP
Default Of course we should care

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post

Are we not our brother's keeper? Besides, what good are they if they aren't pissed off and telling us how stoopid and hypocritical we are.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote