cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 11:48 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default John Beck

A lot of people on CB are talking about how John Beck needs to sit because he will get killed behind Miamis horrible offensive line, well I am a dolphins fan and I have watched every game this year, their line is the lone bright spot on the team. They have a solid running game they give their qbs good protection, its the turnovers, and the pass defense that has caused problems. They are now 0-8, you wont make the playoffs they are probably very close to being mathematically eliminated if they already havent been. I say start him and let him take his lumps this year instead of next.

The Dolphins have only given up 10 sacks through 8 games and they are averaging 4.9 yards per carry.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 AM   #2
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

They'll start him after the bye. I don't think there's any question about that. I also agree about the O-line. I picked him up in my keeper fantasy league, so I say let him play and see if he's worth holding onto.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:49 AM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Lemon is terrible. If John can't beat him out, he'll never play in the NFL.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:59 AM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Put it this way: it's hard for me to imagine that the team wants to develop Lemon into it's franchise QB. They must be so unsure of putting John in, that they would rather tread water.

During the game the announcers talked about speaking to Cam about the Beck situation, and Cam said "Beck will have to earn his way to the starting job."

They apparently are not going to start Beck, if Lemon is a notch better in practice.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:25 AM   #5
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Put it this way: it's hard for me to imagine that the team wants to develop Lemon into it's franchise QB. They must be so unsure of putting John in, that they would rather tread water.

During the game the announcers talked about speaking to Cam about the Beck situation, and Cam said "Beck will have to earn his way to the starting job."

They apparently are not going to start Beck, if Lemon is a notch better in practice.
I don't know the situation there, but the guy who starts at QB isn't always the one performing best in practice, especially if the guy on the bench is a rookie.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 AM   #6
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post

Cam Cameron has a history of not starting rookie qbs no matter how bad the team is, he is a firm believer that nothing good can come of it, however I think upper management will push him enough that John will get the start sooner rather than later. He sat Brees on the bench his first year in SD to sit behind an aging Doug Flutie on a 5-11 team. He also sat a top 10 pick in Philip Rivers for 2 years behind Dree Brees.