cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default CSU game and BYU FB analysis

I was a little surprised to read posts and hear on the radio from the wrist slashers about how bad this game was. Take out the last TD and the game was a workmanlike grind-it-out 35-9 victory over a traditionally tough MWC foe. Never something to be upset about.

Our rushing game wasn't that great, but they were focused on stopping it. Our main rusher Unga averaged five yards a carry. We were able to get Fui some touches.

Hall was on target, though he didn't throw many long balls. It was nice to see Collie more involved. Hall's got a big problem with not feeling the rush from the left side. It was nice to see him with a great PER day after being so low lately.

Here is how BYU is stacking up in my SOS adjusted offense and defensive scoring stat.

Offense: #49
Defense: #32

Overall, about like we expected, though offense is doing a little worse. Offense has got to improve for the TCU game--primarily the OL protecting Hall.

I think we're probably not good enough to go undefeated against TCU, Wyoming, and Utah.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:52 PM   #2
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I was a little surprised to read posts and hear on the radio from the wrist slashers about how bad this game was. Take out the last TD and the game was a workmanlike grind-it-out 35-9 victory over a traditionally tough MWC foe. Never something to be upset about.

Our rushing game wasn't that great, but they were focused on stopping it. Our main rusher Unga averaged five yards a carry. We were able to get Fui some touches.

Hall was on target, though he didn't throw many long balls. It was nice to see Collie more involved. Hall's got a big problem with not feeling the rush from the left side. It was nice to see him with a great PER day after being so low lately.

Here is how BYU is stacking up in my SOS adjusted offense and defensive scoring stat.

Offense: #49
Defense: #32

Overall, about like we expected, though offense is doing a little worse. Offense has got to improve for the TCU game--primarily the OL protecting Hall.

I think we're probably not good enough to go undefeated against TCU, Wyoming, and Utah.
I am still sticking with 10-2. However, if we stumble I have changed my mind from thinking it will be against Wyoming to thinking it will be against Utah, even though I have been assured on this and the CB that Bronco is a far superior coach to Kyle.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

I also was very glad to see Collie involved. I remember discussing with Archaea about how if Anae thought Collie was so awesome he'd find ways to get him involved. Sure enough, the first (or second?) play of the game was a quick zero route to Collie, and a short time later there was another sure reception for a short gain. That helped to open things up deeper for him, and it is a sure sign that Anae finally feels comfortable with Collie being involved after the injury.

That was one of the better developments of the CSU game for me.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 PM   #4
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I also was very glad to see Collie involved. I remember discussing with Archaea about how if Anae thought Collie was so awesome he'd find ways to get him involved. Sure enough, the first (or second?) play of the game was a quick zero route to Collie, and a short time later there was another sure reception for a short gain. That helped to open things up deeper for him, and it is a sure sign that Anae finally feels comfortable with Collie being involved after the injury.

That was one of the better developments of the CSU game for me.
Oh yea, was it on this board or CB fans were bemoaning the fact Collie wasn't as good as we thought.

Was it on this board or CB I predicted he would have a big game Saturday.

Red shirt him my butt.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote