cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 02:30 AM   #1
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk
Default For the record I didn't like the decision to kick the onsides

Whittingham did it because there is a history of bad blood with Joe Glenn and the Utes. That doesn't excuse it, but it was a special screw you Crazy Joe.

In 2003 Crazy Joe Glenn went nuts on the field before the game during the Ute's senior day because he felt it took too long.
Last year Wyoming RUTS on Utah. Now again I don't care about RUTS, it was the Utes job to stop Wyoming. Today was a bit of payback.
Joe Glenn guaranteed the victory for today's game.

That is what set the stage for what happened. These two teams hate each other, and the coaches hate each other.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:41 AM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I loved it. It was funny to see Wyoming get their hats handed to them and it was also funny to see Utah look like classless pricks doing it. The attention has been shifted from a great performance by the Utes to the silly behavior of their coach. Seems like a pretty good outcome to me.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 02:43 AM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I loved it. It was funny to see Wyoming get their hats handed to them and it was also funny to see Utah look like classless pricks doing it. The attention has been shifted from a great performance by the Utes to the silly behavior of their coach. Seems like a pretty good outcome to me.
I actually agree with you about the focus of the game being on the onsides kick, especially by zoobs. The fallout from a Y loss in two weeks would be epic and worth everything that KW did today.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:10 AM   #4
BYUruss

BYUruss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I actually agree with you about the focus of the game being on the onsides kick, especially by zoobs. The fallout from a Y loss in two weeks would be epic and worth everything that KW did today.
Yep. Things are back to normal. BYU is focused on winning an outright MWC title, and Utah, down two games in the standings, can only hope for a win over BYU in their annual bowl game.
Bronco really has restored order to the universe.
BYUruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:29 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUruss View Post
Yep. Things are back to normal. BYU is focused on winning an outright MWC title, and Utah, down two games in the standings, can only hope for a win over BYU in their annual bowl game.
Bronco really has restored order to the universe.
Wow. Your razor sharp zoob wit really cut me there.

Feel better?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote