cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #51
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
You know what will also be a great story, seeing him turn the Billikens into a really good basketball program.

It is unfortunate that the University of Utah ran Majerus out of town. Definitely a mistake by Chris Hill, but with Boylen he is starting to fix that mistake.
See the 1st sentence in the 2nd paragraph by Funk is classic MP trolling.

Either that or he really believes it, which is kinda funny cause it tells you what he REALLY knows, which is nothing.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #52
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
I heard that either he was or his wife was or something like that. I think he might have been baptized by Lionel Ritchie too. As for the next A&M coach, I could see them poaching from within the big 12 like maybe going after Jabba the Hut at Kansas or Pinkel from Mizzou.
His wife is an inactive member.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:41 PM   #53
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
The cumulative weight of Majerus' misdeeds and the SL Tribune is what ran him out of town. Chris Hill simply decided to stop running interference for him anymore.
Again his misdeeds were minor, Coach K does the same stuff that Majerus does belittling his players without anyone saying a word about it. We only heard one side of the Lance Allred story. Sure he went a little overboard, but to say that Allred didn't deserve a lot of the blame is to simply hate Majerus and ignore the other side.

Majerus was far from perfect, but he is nowhere near the evil person that BYU and the Utah media liked to claim he was. Majerus also treated the media in Utah exactly as they deserved to be treated. PK is scum for what he did to Andre Miller and he deserved a ton worse than Majerus gave him.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #54
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Again his misdeeds were minor, Coach K does the same stuff that Majerus does belittling his players without anyone saying a word about it. We only heard one side of the Lance Allred story. Sure he went a little overboard, but to say that Allred didn't deserve a lot of the blame is to simply hate Majerus and ignore the other side.

Majerus was far from perfect, but he is nowhere near the evil person that BYU and the Utah media liked to claim he was. Majerus also treated the media in Utah exactly as they deserved to be treated. PK is scum for what he did to Andre Miller and he deserved a ton worse than Majerus gave him.
lol.....
Old 11-16-2007, 07:43 PM   #55
mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
See the 1st sentence in the 2nd paragraph by Funk is classic MP trolling.

Either that or he really believes it, which is kinda funny cause it tells you what he REALLY knows, which is nothing.
What is inaccurate about that first sentence. Majerus is gone because the University of Utah decided it didn't want to take the heat for him, which is essentially running him out of town. Hill didn't like Majerus, and didn't want to stick up for him. It was a mistake.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:44 PM   #56
mpfunk

Quote:
lol.....
You have zero credibility when it comes to Majerus. You think he is evil incarnate. I at least realize that he was not perfect and has his flaws, but don't ignore all the good about him. For every Lance Allred there is an Andre Miller.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #57
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

His misdeeds were so minor that he left in the middle of the night without a word to his players and used a pathetic cover story of needing to fly to Santa Barbara because of heart troubles?

Yeah, that's what people do when they've been involved in minor misdeeds...
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:49 PM   #58
RockyBalboa

Quote:
You have zero credibility when it comes to Majerus. You think he is evil incarnate. I at least realize that he was not perfect and has his flaws, but don't ignore all the good about him. For every Lance Allred there is an Andre Miller.
I don't think he's evil, but I also don't think he's a good man either. I've said many times ad nauseum that he's a fantastic strategist and has a great basketball mind. I learned a lot from him while serving as a counselor/assistant at a number of his camps.

We all know about your fellatious desires when it comes to Andre Miller.

As for the other stuff, I don't want to pop the precious bubble you've incarcerated yourself in when it comes to Rick. You couldn't handle it.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 11-16-2007 at 07:51 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:58 PM   #59
mpfunk

Quote:
I don't think he's evil, but I also don't think he's a good man either. I've said many times ad nauseum that he's a fantastic strategist and has a great basketball mind. I learned a lot from him while serving as a counselor/assistant at a number of his camps.

We all know about your fellatious desires when it comes to Andre Miller.

As for the other stuff, I don't want to pop the precious bubble you've incarcerated yourself in when it comes to Rick. You couldn't handle it.
I know a guy who was a manager for a Rick Majerus team, I have heard the stories about Rick Majerus. I know both sides of the story on Rick Majerus.
Old 11-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #60
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
who do yall think is going to be the new A&M coach?
texags.com once rumored Bronco.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote