cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2007, 03:16 PM   #1
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road
Default Caught a snippet of anti-Mormon bigotry on the radio yesterday

Hugh Hewitt has been a big fan of Mitt Romney (though hasn't "officially" endorsed him) as a candidate, and as such, he attracts the looney evangelical bigots to his show.

Yesterday a guy calls in all hot-and-bothered about how Romney is not fit for the presidency because he believes Native Americans are descendants of Jews, when DNA evidence clearly contradicts it. "How can we trust such a man's judgment?", said he, between bouts of hyperventilation.

Kinda reminds me of some folks who criticize Huckabee's "6,000-year-old earth" faith-based belief, but I guess I don't expect much from people who cite the pronunciation of "nuclear" as a chief annoyance in their current President.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Hugh Hewitt has been a big fan of Mitt Romney (though hasn't "officially" endorsed him) as a candidate, and as such, he attracts the looney evangelical bigots to his show.

Yesterday a guy calls in all hot-and-bothered about how Romney is not fit for the presidency because he believes Native Americans are descendants of Jews, when DNA evidence clearly contradicts it. "How can we trust such a man's judgment?", said he, between bouts of hyperventilation.

Kinda reminds me of some folks who criticize Huckabee's "6,000-year-old earth" faith-based belief, but I guess I don't expect much from people who cite the pronunciation of "nuclear" as a chief annoyance in their current President.
Excellent spin. Keep it up.

Hey Tex. You have been oddly silent about George Will's column where he blasts Huckabee.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:27 PM   #3
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Excellent spin. Keep it up.
Listening to the radio, for just a moment I thought it might have been you calling. The logic was about the same.

Quote:
Hey Tex. You have been oddly silent about George Will's column where he blasts Huckabee.
I must've missed it. Link?

PS. I'm not a Huckabee supporter, lest you mistake. In fact, his Christian shtick annoys me a little. But it's not my foundation for disliking him.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young
Old 12-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Listening to the radio, for just a moment I thought it might have been you calling. The logic was about the same.
My logic?

You are the one on record as being OK with a president that would believe in the tooth fairy. As if stupidity has no bearing on presidential qualifications.

Quote:
I must've missed it. Link?

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14605

Here is another thread on the same topic:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14620

Seems that Huckabee's biblical fundamentalism is raising lots of eyebrows.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:46 PM   #5
Tex

Quote:
My logic?

You are the one on record as being OK with a president that would believe in the tooth fairy. As if stupidity has no bearing on presidential qualifications.
Amusing that you miss hyperbole even when it's spelled out for you. Literally.

By the way, over on CB someone said CNN was talking yesterday about the Garden of Eden/Missouri issue. Just one more reason Mitt is unqualified for the presidency, right?

Quote:
http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14605

Here is another thread on the same topic:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14620

Seems that Huckabee's biblical fundamentalism is raising lots of eyebrows.
I'll have a look.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 12-04-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #6
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
By the way, over on CB someone said CNN was talking yesterday about the Garden of Eden/Missouri issue. Just one more reason Mitt is unqualified for the presidency, right?
I am not sure what your point is. I believe Mitt is on record as believing in evolution. Do you have a quote that would counter that?
Old 12-04-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
Tex

Quote:
I am not sure what your point is. I believe Mitt is on record as believing in evolution. Do you have a quote that would counter that?
Who said anything about evolution? I'm talking about the generally-accepted teaching among LDS that the Garden of Eden was located in Missouri.

- Cali Coug

- Brigham Young